Senior Data Scientist/Statistician
Join a team that is changing millions of lives.
Transforming smiles. Transforming lives. Transforming an industry.
At Align Technology, we believe a great smile can transform a person’s life, so we create technology that gives people the confidence to take on whatever’s next. We revolutionized the orthodontic industry with the introduction of the Invisalign system, and we have never lost sight of that spirit of innovation. Our teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
Ready to join us?
About this opportunity
The Sr. Data Scientist/Statistician will be part of the Product Innovation group at Align R&D works closely with our cross-functional teams in R&D, marketing, clinical, and operation teams. He/she leverages Align’s digital clinical database to develop and deliver data-driven insights, metrics, and recommendations to assist teams to drive the company’s product development roadmap to transform the orthodontic world with the Invisalign product. A successful candidate will be a strong analytical thinker with a solid statistical background to formulate critical technical hypothesis and drive complex analysis and innovation.
In this role, you will…
- Act as the senior data analytics expert within R&D’s Product Innovation group, partnering with engineers from various backgrounds including biomechanics, materials, software, and clinical research
- Use state-of-the-art data science methods on the organization’s clinical data to generate insights for product development and innovation
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the Invisalign products and operational procedures
- Convert abstract business inquiries into concrete analyses, including planning, execution and reporting
- Identify key data insights to answer critical business needs, prepare well-documented memos/presentations and share with internal/external stakeholders
- Be responsible for formulating study hypotheses and determining appropriate analytical methods and procedures, with minimal oversight, documentation, or defined process
- Work with management to improve statistical integrity, accuracy, and adequacy of the team’s deliverables
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other team members in regards to data analytics
- Build effective working relationships with upper management and cross-functional teams
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and meet critical deadlines
- Multi-task and prioritize requests to meet the most important and urgent business needs
In this role, you’ll need …
- MS or PhD in computer science, mathematics, statistics or related technical field
- MS with 6+ years of relevant industrial experience in data mining and statistical analysis, or PhD with 3+ years of relevant industrial experience (medical device or pharmaceutical preferred)
- Proven ability to tailor statistical methods to given application fields
- Proficiency with querying relational database (e.g. SQL)
- Proficiency with scripting languages such as R or Python
- Experience with business analytics tools such as Tableau, or Power BI
- Experience with machine learning
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain complicated quantitative concepts to non-technical audiences and interact cross-functionally with both technical and non-technical people
Sound like a good fit?
Great! Click the Apply link below to let us know you are interested. Not the right fit? Don’t worry, there are lots more opportunities. Please consider sharing this opportunity with others in your network.
Invisalign clear aligners, iTero Intraoral scanners, and OrthoCAD digital services that help dental professionals achieve the clinical results they expect and deliver effective, cutting-edge dental options to their patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We also respect your privacy. Our Applicant Privacy Policies can be found here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/align-tech/
Sign up for email alerts and be the first to know of our new opportunities