SQL Data Warehouse Developer, Senior | Req#2650
ActioNet has an immediate opportunity for a Senior-Level SQL Data Warehouse Developer requiring a Secret Clearance located in Vienna, VA. ActioNet is an IT service provider and solutions integrator headquartered in Vienna, VA that works with the Federal Government and Department of Defense.
It is simple. We are passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health, and well-being of our nation.
What's in It For You?
As an ActioNeter, you get to be part of exceptional team and a corporate culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees, and our communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy, and a desire to develop your skills, experience, and career.
In this role, you will be responsible for designing, administering, implementing, testing, and troubleshooting activities using Kimball data warehouse methodology within a MS SQL Server environment. This position will design, build, and deploy data warehouse and analytical applications. You will utilize functional requirements to develop technical specifications and develop a solution to the specifications. The role requires a strong understanding of dimensional modeling, star schemas, data integration, data conversion, SQL, TSQL and ETL.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs problem resolutions and root cause analysis along with recommending and implementing preventive techniques
- Applies Kimball Methodology and relevant data warehouse techniques to create new database designs, root cause analysis, and optimization techniques to address client requirements
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Motivated to share knowledge in a team environment
- Design new database and implement changes to existing databases.
- Develop ETL processes to support internal and external client needs.
- Provide and maintain technical documentation for new system processes or enhancements
- Take on technical leadership responsibilities of database projects across the organization
- Write complex queries in TSQL and design and develop ETL processes utilizing SSIS
- Mentor junior team members as needed
- Solve issues with ETL processes and SQL queries and assist in system testing new and existing ETL processes
- Review ETL processes for accuracy, maintainability, and performance prior to implementation
- Provide solutions for data migration and conversion
- Collaborate with DBAs with respect to performance, backup strategies, security, and standard methodologies
- Collaborate with internal groups and vendors to Define requirements, define test plans, and implement solutions for data migration for ETL Processes and test plans
- 10+ years of MS SQL Server Database development
- 8+ years of MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) development or similar enterprise data warehousing experience
- Strong understanding of MS SQL Server
- Ability to write custom SQL statements
- Strong understanding of dimensional modeling / star schemas
- Ability to develop technical design specifications
- Experience with at least one ETL tool
- SQL Management Studio, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, and Integration Services
- Expert Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices
- Expert Knowledge of conceptual, logical, and physical database design
- Experience with OLAP and OLTP
- Ability to modernize table structures and data management in legacy systems
- Expert level knowledge with Microsoft SQL Server (2008, 2014, 2016) and technologies with SQL Server
- Expert knowledge of T-SQL and developing complex database queries
- Ability to lead development efforts within a team of software developers
- Experience working with large databases with high number of transactions
- Understands and use SQL best practices regarding security and privacy of data
- Strong skills with developing SQL views, common table expressions (CTEs) and stored procedure to combine/aggregate data needed for reporting purposes
- Strong skills in a performance tuning especially tuning complex queries, procedures, and indexing strategies
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services
- Experience with .NET programming languages
- Experience with third party SSIS Components is a plus
- Experience running SQL in a virtualized environment
- Practical experience with the installation, maintenance, and upgrades of SQL Server
- Practical experience with data migration and data replication tools, technologies, and strategies
- Experience with designing and developing SQL clusters and data warehouses.
- DOD 8570 IAT Level 2 certification (Security+)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Active/Current Secret Clearance
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.