Research Director, Marketing
Captivate is looking for a dynamic, creative, leader to direct our Digital & Out of Home Research team. Reporting to the VP-Marketing and Research, the Research Director will work with internal stakeholders and external clients to build narratives that interpret advertising campaign data and promote client retention. The Research Director will manage our Research Manager and Associate Research Manager by guiding the reporting and analytics across Captivate’s advertising campaigns. This person is to be the thought leader in Media Measurement and Management and multi-channel marketing with a proven understanding of newer media platforms in the out-of-home and alternative away from home venues.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and fulfill a research agenda that address the needs of the VP-Marketing and Research, CMO and agencies
- Effectively communicate your agenda to the VP-Marketing and Research and other peers and drive collaboration around the topic area
- Assuredly present research notes, findings, and presentation content to clients and consulting engagements
- In addition, present strategic analysis reports at conferences, client consulting engagements and to the media
- Provide clear insights to clients with presence and authority; be alert to clients’ needs and trends that can enhance Captivate’s value proposition
- Oversee, develop and engage the Research team, demonstrating strong leadership to coach and mentor the current team
- Work collaboratively with other team members to develop and brand original methodologies for measuring media performance
- Meet with vendors to continually improve measurement and attribution methodologies
What You Bring:
- A minimum of 5 years of Senior Research and/or Analytics experience, reporting directly to a CMO or SVP/VP. This experience should include research, strategic planning, performance measurement and management, financial justification, business process/project management and vendor relations.
- A minimum of 2 years of management experience
- Expert experience with measurement planning, research for media and Nielsen data
- Superior in-person & phone presentation skills with excellent written skills
- Familiarity with media intelligence, industry analysis and reporting sources such as: Nielsen, MRI, Placed, Vision Critical, Q etc.
- Familiarity with Digital Out Of Home and proving ROI on advertising efforts
- A bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Data Analytics or relevant field / MBA preferred
Why You Should Work at Captivate
Captivate offers a generous FTO (flexible time off) policy, matching 401k, commuter benefits & health insurance programs offered through Cigna. We encourage work-life balance through team building activities, employee outings and celebratory events. Captivate offers a great work environment and provides employees the opportunity to make an impact, through employer gift match programs & volunteer opportunities.