As a News Editor, you will spend your days immersed in the news, researching and producing engaging content for Captivate’s network of digital screens in office elevators and lobbies. Your purpose will be to empower busy professionals with actionable information throughout their work day. If you’re a news junkie looking to exercise your editing skills in the digital space, this may be an excellent career step for you. You can make a difference in our fun, dynamic and hardworking office culture.
What You'll Do:
- Comb our content providers’ websites for fresh, compelling and relevant content, and edit the info into easily digestible news nuggets for our digital space.
- Work with the research team to create timely survey questions for our Office Pulse panel
- Write articles that dive into the insights garnered from the Office Pulse surveys
- Brainstorm and develop sponsorable content for advertisers.
- Create and maintain the editorial calendar.
- Collaborate with traffic to track and schedule sponsored content.
- Maintain Captivate’s voice and style.
- Work with engineering to expand/fine-tune automated content.
- Cultivate creativity, as there will be opportunities to develop original interactive programming features.
What You Bring:
- A Bachelor of Journalism or degree in another relevant field
- At least 5 years of editorial experience on any platform that demonstrates familiarity with AP style
- Strong copyediting skills, good news judgment and an ability to meet multiple deadlines daily
- Experience with WordPress and SEO
- Skills with basic photo editing including Photoshop
- Fluency in social media
- The ability to work a daily shift of 5:30am – 2:30pm
Why You Should Work at Captivate:
Captivate offers a generous FTO (flexible time off) policy, matching 401k, commuter benefits & health insurance programs offered through Cigna. We encourage work-life balance through team building activities, employee outings and celebratory events. Captivate offers a great work environment and provides employees the opportunity to make an impact, through employer gift match programs & volunteer opportunities.