News Editor (Freelance)
As a News Editor (Freelance), you will spend your days immersed in the news, researching and producing engaging content for Captivate’s network of digital screens in office elevators and lobbies. Your purpose will be to empower busy professionals with actionable information throughout their work day. If you’re a news junkie looking to exercise your editing skills in the digital space, this may be an excellent career step for you. You can make a difference in our fun, dynamic and hardworking office culture. We’re looking for someone to work 25-30 hours a week out of our Lowell office.
What You’ll Do:
- Comb our content providers’ websites for fresh, compelling and relevant content, and edit the info into easily digestible news nuggets for our digital space
- Maintain Captivate’s voice and style
- Research upcoming events for our top local markets
- Develop sponsorable content for advertisers
- Promote content across our social channels
- Cultivate creativity, as there will be opportunities to develop original interactive programming features
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
- At least 2 years of editorial experience on any platform that demonstrates familiarity with AP style
- Meticulous copyediting skills, sound news judgment and an ability to meet multiple deadlines daily.
- Fluency in social media.
**Please note that this is a freelance position. We’re looking for someone to work 25-30 hours a week out of our Lowell office.**
Why You Should Work at Captivate
Captivate encourages work-life balance through team building activities, employee outings and celebratory events. Captivate offers a great work environment and the opportunity to make an impact, through employer matching programs & volunteer opportunities.
Behind the screens of Captivate are real people. Check out our Employee Spotlight page!