WRAL News is looking for an experienced meteorologist to produce and anchor live weathercasts across multiple platforms, including television and our new 24-hour streaming channel.
This individual will create crisp and informative graphics, as well as fresh content for television, radio, WRAL.com, and other digital platforms. Embracing and effectively using social media is essential to succeeding in this position. There is also an opportunity to work in the WRAL Storm Tracker, chasing and covering severe weather.
- Three to five years of television experience is required.
- Exceptional forecasting, communication, presentation and reporting skills.
- Proficiency with computers, the web and social media are a must.
- Experience with dual-pol Doppler radar and Baron Lynx is strongly preferred.
- AMS Certified Broadcast Meteorologist designation (or combination of AMS/NWA seal and education for AMS CBM designation) is also preferred.
- A four-year college degree in meteorology, atmospheric science, or related field is required.
People come to WRAL-TV and they stay. Why? We’re family. We have extraordinary expectations of each other and accept nothing short of excellence. Meshing with our standout team is as important as your skills. We’re locally owned by Capitol Broadcasting Company, a pioneering, stable, community advocate, do-the-right-thing company that offers some of the best benefits in the business.
WRAL-TV is based in Raleigh, North Carolina, consistently ranked as one of the best places to live, work and raise a family. The Triangle is an area of booming growth, with companies including Apple, Google and Amazon recently announcing major expansions here.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.