WRAL Special Events Project Manager
WRAL-TV and FOX 50 in Raleigh, NC has an immediate opening for an innovative leader to help steer our in-person community special projects as a Special Events, Project Manager. The successful candidate will report directly to the Brand Director and work across departments to fully realize successful in person special events, specifically serving as a project manager for large scale community activations.
You will help plan, budget and execute events where WRAL is represented in the community. You will also serve, as needed, onsite and in the field at events, supervising teams and training staff for various station community efforts. You should be an experienced special events planner with a high-level understanding of strategic brand communications. This role is equal parts “thinker” and “doer” with a great deal of hands-on execution.
The Special Events, Project Manager will oversee big station events like “WRAL Nights of Lights” and other key station initiatives. Interested applicants should be able to demonstrate leadership in special events space, including links or examples of demonstrated event management.
Skills that should be displayed within portfolio/resume and are required for this role include:
- Proven event management experience.
- Deep understanding of event planning and project management.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to develop, oversee and manage budgets and financial reporting.
- Experience in creating content materials and marketing materials for special events.
- Superior copy-editing skills.
- Experience in social media, marketing helpful.
- Experience in customer service, ticketing helpful.
- Ability to work on many projects simultaneously and under deadline.
- Proven track record of leading large projects to successful completion.
- Experience working collaboratively across departments and agencies should be clearly explained in materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field, 4-6 years’ experience in managing events.
- The flexibility to work weekends, nights and holidays as needed for events.
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage and create database(s)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A collaborative, team-oriented attitude.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project), internet research, all social media platforms,
- Proven strong negotiating skills, ability to tender agreements with vendors.
- Ability to lift/carry equipment weighing up to 40 pounds and a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
People come to WRAL-TV and they stay. Why? We’re family. We have extraordinary expectations of each other and accept nothing short of excellence. Meshing with our standout team is as important as your skills. We’re locally owned by Capitol Broadcasting Company, a pioneering, stable, community advocate, do-the-right-thing company that offers some of the best benefits in the business. WRAL-TV is based out of Raleigh, North Carolina ranked as one of the best places to live and work according to U.S. News & World Report.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.