Radio Market Manager
Capitol Broadcasting Company is seeking a successful Media Executive with a proven track record of building and leading high performing teams to be our next General Manager of Radio.
A qualified candidate will be a strong leader skilled in Revenue & Profit Growth, Sales Strategy, Change Management, Digital Media, Radio Content, Marketing Strategy, Leading Innovation and Talent Development.
This person should be a strong leader continuously focused on developing and implementing strategies to create high-quality, multiplatform content and to grow their audiences and driving business results.
The position expands far beyond traditional “programming elements” and will require a very bold, strategic thinker that can capture the attention of the LOCAL market utilizing numerous platforms and multiple brands.
The right candidate will be a creative and curious thinker. Someone who can bring ideas that generate content and revenue to our platforms.
- Oversees all station departments including content, sales, promotions, engineering, production, and community affairs.
- Creates a clear vision and strategy for the stations and the market that provides all team members with a blueprint that will lead to improved results.
- Drives results by developing and executing strategic and operating plans.
- Achieves goals consistent with Capitol Broadcasting’s financial and operating goals.
- Drives optimal performance in revenue and ratings.
- Brings an innovative approach to established and proven radio operating models, including events and non-traditional revenue, resulting in improved efficiencies and business unit growth.
- Fosters a digital culture to increase radio broadcast ratings and grow our digital audience.
- Forecasts market trends and is forward thinking.
- Sets budgets and performance expectations.
- Develops and leads an engaging and inclusive workplace culture.
- Recruits, develops, and retains a strong leadership team
- Provides guidance and coaching to employees to maximize their performance and accelerate their professional growth
Experience & Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in broadcast media operations, communications, or related experience.
- 10 years of broadcast leadership experience
- Proven Track record as a leader overseeing all areas of operations and personnel.
Capitol Broadcasting Company is a locally owned, pioneering, stable, community advocate, do-the-right-thing company. We offer some of the best benefits in the business, including incredible retirement packages, training opportunities and a wholesome family environment. Capitol Broadcasting Company’s legacy of hard work, creativity, and a commitment to our audiences, our clients, and our employees has made us a successful broadcasting company and industry leader in the communications field. We have high expectations of each other and accept nothing short of excellence.
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work at CBC. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.