Human Resources Manager
The Corporate Human Resources Manager is responsible for employee development, benefits administration, labor laws regulation, and recruiting processes while conducting miscellaneous administrative tasks and ensuring employees’ wellness.
Successful Candidates will Demonstrate:The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company
• A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the “pulse” of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
• Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement
• Strong project management skills
• Success in creating and driving effective employee relations and retention programs
• A strong solutions focus and be comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
• The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously – orientated on results
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
Key Responsibilities Include:-Create company strategic training and organizational development plan to meet personal, profession, and organizational needs of company and employees.
-Oversee compensation programs to ensure regulatory compliance and competitive salary levels.
-Evaluate company culture and provide recommendations on changes to accomplish company goals and objectives.
• Leverage HR software to optimize payroll and employee benefits administration
• Serving as the main point of contact for benefits administration and coordination of educational sessions
• Manage a performance review system to drive employee development
• Prepare a comprehensive new employee orientation and engaging new staff onboarding
• Introduce and manage career development and mentorship programs across all company’s departments
• Maintain, update, and enforce human resource policies and procedures
• Maintain company handbook, serve as subject matter expert on company policies
• Monitor and implement applicable human resource federal and state requirements to ensure legal compliance
-Conduct and analyze exit interviews and make actionable recommendations based on insights
• Represent the organization at hearings when necessary
• Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
• Retain historical human resource records by designing an effective filing system and keeping past and current records
• Design and implement risk management procedures and execute best practices to ensure workplace safety
• Take necessary actions to manage conflict, both internal and external
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related field
• 5+ years of experience working in the human resources field
• Experience in managing compensation and benefits programs preferred
• Experience in implementing tactics to improve performance management preferred
• Ability to work with a human resource information system (HRIS) – ADP Workforce Now
• Ability to develop and manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Capacity to apply discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality when handling sensitive information
• Knowledge of federal labor laws Preferred Qualifications
• Human resources certification (SPHR or SHRM)
• Knowledge of state, and local laws governing employee relations practices
• Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics and knowledge of HR databases
• Pragmatic experience with compensation planning, negotiation, and implementation
• Working knowledge of employment regulations (ADA, EEO, FMLA, FLSA) and the ability to appropriately spot employment risk issues
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.