Food and Beverage Manager (Durham & Holly Springs)
We are seeking an experienced Food & Beverage Manager to work at the Ting Stadium in Holly Springs and Durham Bulls Athletic Park as a part of the Bull City Hospitality group. This is a year-round full-time position working at both ballparks. The salary range is around $40,000 and up based on experience.
As a F&B Manager you will be responsible for the development and execution of the operation’s ordering and inventory management, facility cleanliness and operational abilities, training of employees, and ensuring customers are satisfied with their service. An ideal candidate for this role has at least 2 years of experience in a supervisory role in the food, beverage or hospitality field and has a passion for baseball!
As a F&B Manager, you will…
- Inventory Management
- Ensure par levels are met for all events
- Order and receive product, maintain stock levels
- Proper storage of all product in accordance to health standards
- Issue and stock food and beverage areas before and during events
- Control costs by staying aware of quality, quantity, current pricing and understanding of previous sales numbers
- Maintain the correct cost on all food and beverage inventory, including pre-event, weekly and monthly inventories
- Maintain constant contact with Sales Department, Accounting, and Operations regarding purchases for all events
- Establish warehouse processes and systems to ensure minimal shrink
- Check all deliveries against invoice and ensure all supplies are delivered as listed
- Employee Management
- Interview, hire, train, schedule, plan, and assign work for a pool of 30 employees
- Appraise performance, rewarding/disciplining employees
- Address complaints and resolve problems
- Oversee and enforce all company, industry, and local health policies
- Ensure safety of self and all persons within the facility
- Act as a liaison for management and associates
- Equipment Management
- Coordinate the cleaning, repairing, and replacement of equipment
- Install and maintain point of sale system
- Perform and complete other tasks as assigned by management
- High School Diploma or GED required
- At least two (2) years of supervisory or management experience within food and beverage, hospitality, or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to multi-task, work independently, and prioritize in a high stress, fast-paced environment
- Flexible availability to work extended hours (up to 60-80 hours) due to business requirements based on event driven schedule; extended hours, late nights, weekends and holidays
- Customer service-oriented with the ability to interact with guests and all levels of management throughout the organization
- Team player
- Knowledge of accounting policies and procedures and POS Systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
- Must be able to lift fifty (50) pounds, up to lifting kegs with the team technique
- Certified in Servsafe
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work at CBC. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.