HR Payroll and Benefits Specialist
We are searching for a Benefits and Payroll guru with superb organizational skills to join the Capitol Broadcasting family! If you love working with data and have amazing attention to detail, we want to meet you!
Assist with the implementation of human resources programs by providing human resources services, including employment and payroll processing, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, and employee relations.
- Manage payroll interface while maintaining employee information such as personal data, compensation, benefits, tax data, performance reviews, and termination date and reason.
- Coordinate daily benefit processing, including enrollments and changes for all benefit plans, maintenance of employee benefit files and updating payroll records.
- Coordinate all aspects of company benefit plans to including claims resolution, communicating benefits information to employees, and coordination of FMLA, disability and worker’s compensation.
- Prepare all government required documentation, FCC/EEO reporting, Workers’ Compensation forms, OSHA, EEO-1, North Carolina New Hire reports, and COBRA notices.
- Maintain employee electronic and paper benefit files as well as ensuring compliance with legally mandated record keeping.
- Manage performance review system to drive employee development.
- Introduce and manager career development and mentorship programs across all companies.
- Assist employees, supervisors, and managers on work-related conflicts and/or performance issues through advice and recommendation.
- Assist with employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Assist with administration of various HR plans and procedures, including development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures, preparation and maintenance of employee handbook and policies and procedures manuals.
- Assist with compliance of federal, state, and local legal requirements by enforcing adherence to requirements with particular focus on HIPAA, ACA, FCC and OSHA compliance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Strong written and verbal communication skills; Proficiency of Microsoft including Word and Excel; Strong analytical and decision-making skills; Bilingual (Spanish and English) with the ability to converse fluently in both languages preferred. Technical understanding of one or more commercial human resources information products, and experience in database construction. High degree of personal and technical communication skills. Profession level of confidentiality in handling employee information.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
Two or more years of experience in human resources preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Human Resources and or Benefits certification preferred (i.e., PHR, SPHR, CEBS, SHRM-CP)
People come to CBC and they stay. Why? We’re family. We have extraordinary expectations of each other and accept nothing short of excellence. Meshing with our standout team is as important as your skills. We’re a locally-owned, pioneering, stable, community advocate, do-the-right-thing Company that offers some of the best benefits in the business.
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work at CBC. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.