WRAL News Photojournalist
WRAL News is seeking a highly skilled photojournalist with a hunger for breaking news and creative storytelling. The WRAL News team, responsible for more than 11.5 hours of live daily local news production. A qualified candidate will be a dynamic, multi-skilled video journalist who wants to be part of the #1 news team in the Raleigh TV market. WRAL Photojournalists are supported with the technology to help you improve your photography and videography skills.
Commitment to excellence is a must. This person must be able to travel on assignment and possess a wide range of technical skills, to include operation of live trucks, expert editing skills, experience using backpack live units and the ability to troubleshoot on the fly. If you are a visual storyteller who wants to surround yourself with an incredible team and work for a legacy station please apply.
- Five years news photography and non-linear editing experience.
- Experience in operating microwave trucks.
- Satellite truck and drone operation experience is preferred.
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record.
- Must be able to work in areas and conditions that are often noisy, have many distractions, and in extreme weather.
- Must have manual dexterity to operate camera and editing equipment.
- Must be able to move quickly inside and outside on uneven, unfamiliar terrain and areas, and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift, carry and move with up to 50lbs in many environments including outdoors and in extreme weather conditions.
WRAL is locally owned by Capitol Broadcasting Company, a pioneering, stable, community advocate, do-the-right-thing company that offers some of the best benefits in the business. We are based in Raleigh, NC, consistently named one of the best places to live in America.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAZ-TV, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WNGT-CD, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, WRAL Digital and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and Coastal Plain League in Durham, NC; The Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.