Landscape Maintenance Intern
People come to Capitol Broadcasting Company and they stay. Why? We’re family. We have extraordinary expectations of each other and accept nothing short of excellence. Meshing with our standout team is as important as your skills. We’re a locally-owned, pioneering, stable, community advocate, do-the-right-thing Company that offers some of the best benefits in the business. Capitol Broadcasting is based out of Raleigh, NC, ranked as one of the best places to live and work according to U.S. News & World Report.
Capitol Broadcasting is seeking a Landscape Intern to work in our Property Management department.
Property Management and Grounds Maintenance:
- 10-12-week paid internship program.
- We offer a customized program tailored to you and discovering your passion within the industry.
- Job Shadow within our Area Management, Field Management, Irrigation, and Enhancements.
- Experience a unique opportunity in cross training in gaining hands on experience and exposure to behind the scenes and in all facets of the branch and the business.
- A dedicated mentor will be assigned to manage the schedule, provide feedback and providing guidance during the internship program.
- Training is provided throughout the course of the program to participate in internal and external training programs offered covering topics such as team building, professional development, leadership, goal setting and management skills.
- Ability to build a network while interacting with other interns, team members, and create new relationships.
- Exterior Maintenance – Work with the crews in the field with landscape maintenance tasks such as: planting, weeding, pruning, overall clean up of garden beds and grounds.
- Irrigation – Understand the various parts of the irrigation system. Monitor irrigation schedule, functionality of irrigation wells, pumps, heads, and wiring. Irrigation troubleshooting.
- Assisting with events on the grounds. Includes scheduling, planning, and coordinating logistics.
- Landscape Enhancements per design team.
- General Horticulture tasks.
You might be a good fit if you are:
- Pursuing a bachelors or associates degree in any areas of Horticulture such as the following: Landscape Architecture, Civil Engineering, Construction Science, Construction Management, Agriculture-Business, Landscape Design or Plant Science.
- This is a paid internship ($10 an hour). Students also are encouraged to obtain credit if allowed by their college or university.
- Expected weekly time commitment is a minimum of 10 hours per week, maximum of 25 hours per week.
- Must be currently enrolled at a college or university, and be a rising junior or senior and pursuing a degree in Horticulture such as the following: Landscape Architecture, Civil Engineering, Construction Science, Construction Management, Agriculture-Business, Landscape Design or Plant Science or related field.
- Proficiency with computer software programs including MS Office suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Plant ID knowledge
- Self-motivated to work on tasks
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC, and Professional Builders Supply, (an equity partnership) in Morrisville, NC.