Property Administrator (Temporary)
The American Underground is one of eleven Google for Startups Tech Hubs in North America and home to 250+ startups, investors, university offices, and more. With 3 campuses and a national virtual community, the American Underground is looking for someone to join their fun, collaborative, and focused team.
We seek a highly motivated and detail-oriented administrator to assist with leasing documentation, record keeping, Accounts Receivable, and event support for our community. The Property Administrator will be responsible for supporting a quality leasing experience for AU members and partners through expert organization, professional email communication, and timely responses.
Pay Range for this role: $18-20/hr based on experience.
Additionally, they will provide operational support to our internal team with daily, ongoing tasks, as well as long-term project management. Strong candidates will have experience working with a real estate or property management team, an ability to provide top of the line administrative support, comfortability with basic accounting principals, and excellent written communication.
This role is temporary while a member of our team is away and will run for three months (August-October). The position will report to the Chief Strategist of the American Underground Team. The role is based in downtown Durham and is an hourly position with about 20 hours per week expected.
Property Management Administration
- Responsible for handling all administrative elements of leasing, through managing records and inputting into residential management and coworking software.
- Manage and maintain all aspects of billing and accounts in a timely manner.
- Send monthly residential statements, invoices, billing notifications, and payment reminders.
- Set up tenants with billing accounts.
- Manage all electronic deposits and records.
- Manage all billing and lease related inquiries and questions.
- Oversee lease closeouts and final walk throughs
- Communicate with contractors to have offices refreshed as needed.
- Manage all administrative elements of membership in coworking software, OfficeRnd.
- Point of contact for any software related issues or questions for members or OfficeRnD.
- Send invitations or revoke access to coworking software in a timely manner.
Meeting Room Rentals
- Manage all meeting room rental inquiries, reservations, contracts and billing.
- Assist team with event schedule and planning as needed.
- Assist team space upkeep and flipping offices as needed.
- Minimum of one year of administrative support experience required. Property Management administrative support preferred.
- Exposure to Yardi or similar software a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced in Microsoft Suite, G-Suite, and skilled in Excel
- Passion for entrepreneurial communities
- Ability to focus in a fast paced environment
- Willing to wear several hats and be flexible
- Ability to meet deadlines, anticipate next steps, be aware of prioritization
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy
- Excited to work with a large, diverse group of AU members
- Ability to connect well with people; warm, approachable, and patient
- Understanding of the full communication process within a large team, including delegating tasks when appropriate
About American Underground
Dubbed the “Startup Hub of the South” by CNBC, American Underground [AU] is one of eleven Google for Startups Tech Hubs in North America. Based in Durham, NC, and supporting 300+ startups and scaleups across the Triangle Region, American Underground designs for any founder building a product towards scale, with an emphasis on those currently underrepresented in tech.
Today, over 50% of American Underground companies are led by a woman and/or persons of color. With over $211 million in funding raised and 3,100+ and counting net new jobs created, American Underground companies continue to exemplify that startups increase and diversify economic opportunity, but require cultivation. Through connections, content, and workspace that tap the region’s ecosystem of experts, American Underground’s community of 32,000+ is the Triangle’s front door to the resources startups, founders and their employees need.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.