Radio Sales Manager
Capitol Broadcasting Company in Raleigh, NC is seeking a passionate Sales Manager to help our team consistently achieve local radio and digital revenue goals. People come to Capitol Broadcasting and they stay. Why? We’re family. We have extraordinary expectations of each other and accept nothing short of excellence. Meshing with our standout team is as important as your talents and skills. We’re a locally-owned, pioneering, stable, community advocate, do-the-right-thing company that offers some of the best benefits in the business.
This position will use your sales and management experience to further develop a team that will work with local businesses to provide custom advertising solutions and strategies across multiple platforms. The Local Sales Manager will sell multi-media marketing solutions to corporate and small businesses while helping to build and manage our impressive local sales team. This person will also be social media savvy.
- Create and implement a local direct sales plan to meet goals with an emphasis on customer-focused selling for multimedia marketing solutions, including broadcast, digital and event sales.
- Build and develop strong business relationships focusing on long term relationships.
- Accurately set sales goals, generate forecast reports and prepare annual budgets/strategic plans.
- Track team activities in CRM to uncover opportunities for both professional and revenue growth.
- Handle house account relationships where necessary
- Meet with clients to present compelling plans and ensure client satisfaction while providing a quality level of customer service.
- Work with station employees (on air talent, managers) to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Develop a team of sales professionals, oversee leads and client lists to maximize time selling.
- Foster a positive selling environment that reinforces teamwork and professionalism.
- Great problem-solving skills, analytical abilities, and a strong business acumen.
- Understanding of the local market, marketing concepts, and digital media marketing.
- An organized, self-starter committed to their own professional growth as well as their team’s.
- Experience in driving revenue.
- Experience recruiting and building a sales team.
- Media sales management experience required, preferably in radio.
- Knowledgeable of Digital products & applications such as: Search Engine Marketing, Audience and Search Retargeting, Social Media Management and Marketing, Digital (Programmatic) Display, Live Chat, Email Marketing
- Knowledge of Excel, Windows, and media software such as WideOrbit, CMG business reports, Media Monitors, and Miller Kaplan X-Ray.
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work at CBC. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAZ-TV, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WNGT-CD, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, WRAL Digital and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and Coastal Plain League in Durham, NC; The Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.