Social Media Producer
WRAL-TV and FOX 50, a part of Capitol Broadcasting Company (CBC) in Raleigh, NC has an immediate opening for a dynamic, passionate, creative and experienced Social Media Producer.
If you are a social content creator with a passion for local news and media, we are interested in talking with YOU. We are looking for an enthusiastic big thinker who is experienced in engaging with media brands in the social space.
The ideal candidate would be a student of social, up-to-speed in new and emerging trends and platform optimization. We want to speak with social leaders who have a proven track record of success through engagement, growth and brand elevation. We are interested in learning new ways to engage our audience in strategic, thoughtful and platform customized conversation in a personalized and impactful way.
As a Social Media Producer, you’ll have a tidal wave of material to work with, including our award-winning broadcast and digital content, hundreds of community partners and the ability to execute large project partnerships. We need an engaging social expert who will lead by example-someone who is both a planner and a doer. You will work directly for the TV Station Manager to develop, execute and monitor social engagement plans across all social platforms.
The successful candidate will work across a variety of departments and divisions including: news, digital, marketing and sales to seamlessly integrate content, audience metrics and storytelling in an industry leading way. You will have a team of digital experts to collaborate and work with but will ultimately be responsible for developing social strategies that propel our content and teams forward. You will be expected to meet social KPI’s and help support digital and television goals.
WRAL/FOX 50 are market news leaders and expect to maintain our leadership presence in the social space. In addition to content, you’ll also help produce social marketing campaigns across multiple platforms and contribute to our station community efforts. If you love storytelling through social, push yourself to the highest industry standards AND want to work with the best local television and digital teams in the country, we want to hear from you.
Your resume should include links to work and/or demonstration reel and showcase the following:
- Deep understanding of local news, editorial content standards and storytelling
- Deep understanding of brand voice and social marketing
- Superior writing skills, specifically for social by platform
- Demonstrated success in driving digital referrals through social posts or campaigns
- Demonstrated success of creating social posts or campaigns with exceptional share metrics, including interactions.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Suite to create videos and images specific to social platforms
- Proven execution of brand toolkits and guidelines.
- Understanding of television programming, including network and syndicator relationships.
- Hands on experience in “start-to-finish” social strategy, including establishing campaign goals, tracking success and execution/reporting.
- Ability to work on many projects simultaneously and under deadline.
- Local television experience a plus. Proven track record of working collaboratively across departments should be clearly explained in materials.
- Minimum of 2 years active social media producing and/or social content creation
- Clear record of success in either a television, digital, marketing or media environment
- Current and contemporary knowledge of social ad sets and social advertising tools
- Firsthand, working knowledge of social reporting tools and metrics
- Experience with creating and implementing interactive digital and social media campaigns
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to lift/carry equipment weighing up to 40 pounds and a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays when required
People come to WRAL-TV and they stay. Why? We’re family. We have extraordinary expectations of each other and accept nothing short of excellence. Meshing with our standout team is as important as your skills. We’re locally owned by Capitol Broadcasting Company, a pioneering, stable, community advocate, do-the-right-thing company that offers some of the best benefits in the business. We are based in Raleigh, NC, consistently named one of the best places to live and work in America.
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work at CBC. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality and Bull Durham Beer Co., and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC; and Professional Builders Supply (an equity partnership) in Morrisville, NC.