Catering Supervisor (Temporary Part-Time)
Bull City Hospitality is hiring for a Catering Supervisor for events at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park!
Assists with the coordination and execution of all Catering Events, Club, and Party Decks areas. May work directly with other departments as well as the Client. Assists 30-60 seasonal associates in following local food and alcohol regulations, while ensuring stock levels for products are maintained in accordance with Bull City Hospitality and applicable operational standards. Hours vary based on events. Hours will vary per week.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Coordinates with management on finalizing and implementing all Banquet Event Orders for events
- Accurately communicate the BEO revisions with appropriate department with overall authorization residing with the manager
- Coordinates activities of the Catering Department on a per shift basis, including assisting with training and enforcing work procedures and service standards
- Provides customer service including, problem resolution with associates, guests, and the operation with the assistance of management
- Ensures that all equipment is set up properly and operating efficiently and accurately as well as ensuring the equipment is presentable
- Provides feedback to manager on job performance of seasonal associates
- Ensures full compliance with state and federal labor laws, sanitation, food-related ordinances, and alcohol regulations
- Conducts regular physical inventories of food and beverage supplies, and assesses projected needs, updating all current pricing of inventory, entering the month end inventory
- Distributes products to locations as needed
- Ensures accuracy of all deliveries
- Adheres to and enforces inventory and labor control measures
- Performs opening and closing procedures for assigned area
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Working event times of mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays
- One or more years’ experience in the food & beverage industry highly desired
- Ability to communicate in writing or verbally and receive the same
- Ability to understand and implement written and verbal instructions
- Ability to work independently and in a high stress, fast paced environment
- Must work well in a team environment
- Ability to work a varied schedule which may including evenings and weekends as required
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, Teams and Web based software
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.