Strategic Business Developer - Capitol B Creative Studios - WRAL Digital Solutions
Capitol Broadcasting Company’s Strategic Business Development team is laser focused on helping our diverse portfolio of clients embrace and overcome their most critical brand and marketing challenges through design thinking. Leading with the purpose statement “Born out of media, fueled by insights, we were made to tell your story,” we are marketing advisors and sales leaders representing the front lines of Capitol B Creative Studios, a full-service digital marketing agency specializing in strategic marketing, brand development, business intelligence, media relations, and 360° creative.
While strategy is our forte, no brand or business intelligence strategy is complete without a tactical roadmap, media planning, and execution. We lead these efforts alongside an incredibly talented team of creatives, media planners, social media strategists, and SEO authorities at WRAL Digital Solutions, our tactical marketing agency connecting clients to the branding and advertising potential of WRAL.com, (North Carolina’s most visited local website), social media, and the internet at large. Finally, the SBD team serves as sales leaders for WRAL TechWire, a statewide hub for technology and innovation news and Hometown Carolina, a new digital brand celebrating life, work, and play in North Carolina.
As a Strategic Business Developer, you will represent the tip of the spear for Capitol B Creative Studios and WRAL Digital Solutions responsible for driving new key account revenue growth with a focus on closing high-value, comprehensive agency relationships, strategic partnerships, and tactical marketing campaigns.
- Drive new business among and manage relationships with key account-level clients of Capitol B Creative Studios and WRAL Digital Solutions
- Meet or exceed sales and profitability quotas on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Conduct outbound prospecting to new key account prospects while managing a book of current accounts for which you will be responsible to grow year-over-year
- Drive the end-to-end sales process, working closely with relevant internal team members (Initial lead inquiry, qualification, prospecting, forecasting, scoping, contract negotiation, kickoff)
- Collaborate with manager and relevant team members to develop client discovery efforts, proposals, presentations, and scopes of work – ultimately setting relationships and engagements up for long-term success
- Maintain contacts and opportunities while tracking communications in Matrix CRM to support reporting & analytics
- Represent Capitol B Creative and WRAL DS with client partners and third parties at industry and demand generating events
- Keep up with evolving AOR offerings, industry trends, and best practices, including utilization of new technology and web resources around prospecting and social selling
- Maintain Awareness of competitive activities, positioning and pricing and develop effective approaches to competing and winning against these competitors
- Minimum of three years of experience with a proven track record of sales success
- Successful track record of selling digital marketing-oriented professional service solutions for digital agencies and digital consultancies, identifying and closing long-term, AOR-type relationships
- Significant local business relationships and personal network of senior marketing and sales decision-makers with ability to activate network to drive sales success
- Extensive experience crafting and executing plans to close and retain high-value projects
- Excellent leadership, collaboration and team-building skills, comfort leading complex pursuits
- Able to partner with clients to understand their organizational needs and recommend solutions that add value to their business.
- Strong verbal, written communication, and listening skills; strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Gives and receives feedback internally and externally in a constructive way
- Community-minded hunter/seller
- Embody WRAL Digital Solutions’ five P.R.O.U.D. core values of Positivity, Respect, Owning it, Unity, and Dissolving problems with solutions.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Valid DL required
- Competitive Base Salary
- Commission & Bonus on both new business sales and account management.
Careers with WRAL Digital
We’re a locally owned, pioneering, stable, community advocate, do-the-right-thing Company that offers some of the best benefits in the business. We reward our employee’s contribution to our success with a compensation and benefits package that is among the best in the industry, focusing on the future and planning for retirement. A few of our benefits are listed below:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Long Term Care
- 401K Retirement Plan
- NC 529 Plan
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, Capitol B Creative Studios, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.