SAP Project Manager
Capgemini, one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services, has over 17,500 professionals with expertise in SAP solutions, with nearly 40 percent located in global delivery centers and more than 1,300 services clients worldwide. Capgemini’s implementation business in support of SAP solutions spans all major industries, including consumer goods and retail, energy and utilities, manufacturing, public sector and financial services, working with companies of all sizes. Capgemini Japan focuses on globalization initiatives, and there have great opportunities of working with global talents, of making human network across the world and of learning our world-class methodology and accelerators.
Project opportunity overview
One of the key challenges that Japanese companies face is globalization, i.e., standardizing enterprise architecture globally. There are not so many Japanese companies that attempt to transform themselves to a global company and there are not so many opportunities of working on globalization. However, in business transformation project for our major Japanese clients, as they are now shifting to a global company, you will be able to work on such globalization opportunity. If you fulfill your responsibility successfully and make this great transformation happen, you will get quite meaningful experience and bilingual coordination capabilities that majorities of the other Japanese clients show their interests for their globalization.
Duty and responsibilities:
1. Contribute to client project as project deployment manager (the following are examples of key activities in typical global project)
- Responsible for making sure global SAP implementation and roll-in is properly planned, managed and successfully implemented within the defined timeline and scope.
- Understand global methodology and template (Functional coverage of globally standardized SAP, Global standard processes/policies, Integration approach) working with Global team
- Understand Capgemini’s contractual obligation and ensure all items are met on time, on scope, on quality.
- Liaise with key client leaders in Global team as well as local team
- Plan program level milestones, gates, tasks and deliverables. Define and manage the plan at the project (workstream) level
- Define and facilitate program level meetings; setting objective, agenda, participants, location, time, etc. Take and share meeting minutes
- Define and communicate guidelines (scope, process, tools, templates, roles and responsibilities) impacting multiple workstreams
- Facilitate communication for topics involving multiple stakeholders
- Understand and handle escalated issues coming from workstreams as well as global teams
- Bridge communication between business workstreams (i.e. Order to Cash, Finance to Manage, Procure to Pay, Demand to Supply) and technical workstreams (i.e. Data Migration, Basis, Development)
- Support to draft program level status report to be deliver to higher management team
- Facilitate internal team communication to bridge discussions occurring in PMO and each workstreams
3. Participate in Capgemini enterprise solutions practice community by exchanging the knowledge and experience across SAP practitioners Role
Requirement and Qualification:
Necessary skills and experience
- Bilingual skill (Business level Japanese (JLPT N2 or higher for non-Japanese)/Business level English for Speaking/listening/writing/reading)
- 6+ year experiences as Project Manager at SAP global template roll-in projects.
- Understanding of SAP ECC R6.0 (SD, MM, WM, FI, CO). SAP configuration experience is preferred, not mandatory.
- Hands-on capability including Documentation
- Communication, negotiation skill, Good Interpersonal skill and flexibility
- Physical, mental toughness
- Logical Thinking
- Presentation Skill
- Manage team of 5-6 people
- Project experience with clients in manufacturing industry, preferably medical devices.
Get the Future You Want.