Senior Legal Counsel (Japan Legal Team) ／シニア法務顧問
- Supporting the commercial legal work on all phases of deals, ranging from the proposal/bid review stages through to drafting, supporting negotiation and advising on post signature issues.
- Supporting the commercial legal work for contract negotiations for the provision of commercial IT contracts, including Framework or Master Services Agreements, Application Development/Management Agreements, Infrastructure Agreements (including Business Process Outsourcing), System Integration Agreement, Cloud Services Agreement, software and hardware related agreements, related sub-contracts, and general commercial procurement contracts.
- Capgemini provides services to clients across Public Sector/Government, Energy, Banking, Transport, Manufacturing, Education, Aviation and Insurance sectors, so the contracts to be negotiated are varied reflecting the services and client;
- Working as part of the Legal team to provide innovative legal solutions for the Capgemini business, supporting training for the business and advising on compliance with company policies;
- Working as part of the global legal team on global initiatives, including on occasions international transactions;
- Providing advice on all aspects of employment law in Japan; ancillary legal support includes supporting legal sign-off on deals and to the extent necessary, liaise with business stakeholders and our external lawyers.
- Supporting Capgemini’s Ethics and Compliance program for Japan including being the designated ethics and compliance officer covering Japan.
- 5 - 9 years of experience
- Graduation qualification, Bachelor of Laws
- Excellent grasp of general commercial and contract law principles
- Experience with employment law issues
- Ability to apply commercial and contract law knowledge across varied contractual formats and/or factual situations and/or proactively suggest risk mitigation to internal business stakeholders
- Ability to manage and lead complex projects, including the legal support of large value and complex bids and transactions;
- A strategic outlook and ability to support direction setting for your work and the business
- Proven stakeholder management skills capable of managing conflicting work requests whilst forging relationships with senior executives, business managers, team members, clients and third parties
- Ability to work successfully as part of a global team and foster knowledge sharing
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong commercial skills and understanding
- Confidence to influence the business at a senior level and set expectations
- Demonstrated resilience
- Able to lead efforts to suggest improvements to work practices and develop new thinking and approaches profitable for Capgemini’s business
- Capable of delivering training in own area of expertise
- Awareness of the general external business environment applicable to Capgemini.
- Preferably as a lawyer in an international law firm or in-house IT experience. Exposure to drafting and negotiating IT agreements directly with clients are key assets
- Passed the bar examination
- Bilingual (Japanese - Native, English - Fluent) Possessing excellent verbal and written communication skills for both formal and informal settings. Effective client-facing negotiation level.
Location : Tokyo
Love your career. Ace your career.