Candid- DevOps Engineer
Location: Anywhere in the US.
Candid is a technology and management consulting firm that develops tailored cloud solutions for complex enterprises. We design, build, implement and manage sophisticated cloud solutions for the largest organizations in the world. Acquired by McKinsey and Co. in 2020, Candid serves the senior leadership of the world’s largest enterprises in achieving their cloud enabled business objectives. We’ve successfully performed over 250 cloud initiatives without a single one failing.
Candid is currently seeking an experienced Cloud Consultant to join our team of expert cloud consultants. This person will be responsible for providing leading-edge technology solutions to Fortune 100 enterprises. This individual will play a critical role in driving the strategy, architecture, design and implementation of Amazon Cloud (Amazon Web Services) initiatives.
Candid is looking for exceptional DevOps engineers with the following areas of expertise:
- Lambda, API Gateway, S3, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB, Kinesis, KMS, EC2, EBS are some of the services we use all day every day to solve problems.
- Full stack development welcome here. React, Redux, and NodeJS server-side development using ES2015 are great tools that we use all the time to get things done.
- Experience using automation servers like Jenkins, GoCD, TravisCI etc.
- Be able to define Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines using JSON or YAML
- Understand designing incremental promotion across environments
- Understanding of Python
- Strong understanding of Linux/Unix + Windows
- Bash scripting
- NoSQL (DynamoDB, MongoDB), Relational (Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL)
- Experience writing Infrastructure-as-Code using Terraform and AWS CloudFormation
- A working understanding of enterprise networking concepts like CIDR
- Experience writing scripts to automate mundane tasks
- Be able to interface with APIs in order to automate
- Willing to work on multiple projects at a time
- Make the experience of developing, testing, and deploying code fast, easy, and fun!
Nice to have:
- AI or Machine Learning playground work or GoLang Experience
- AWS Certified Developer, Certified Solutions Architect, Certified Systems Administrator
- Awareness of EC2 Systems Manager and Parameter Store
- Understanding of large-scale data challenges
- Experience using Docker
- Experience with AWS GovCloud
- Experience using AWS Config, AWS CloudTrail, HashiCorp Sentinel to implement Policy-as-Code and event driven security in cloud environments
Key Job Responsibilities
- Ability to code, deploy, and support large scale enterprise grade 100% serverless architectures
- Designs & develops enhancements to the application when identified by creating new components
- Understands 24x7 support issues and how to avoid the need to be on the phone at 3AM
- Experience with performance analysis, optimization, debugging and monitoring
- Designs & develops automation when opportunity arises
- Designs and builds DevOps CI/CD pipelines
- Prepare and present system documentation and analysis
- Write SQL queries to troubleshoot application problems
- Command-line use of AWS CLI and creation of scripts using AWS APIs to configure hosting environment.
- Build, deploy, and source code maintenance of new versions of applications in the AWS hosting environment
- Perform Systems Administrator type duties
- SSH into individual Linux servers to review logs and triage problems
- Leverage monitoring solutions such as Splunk, New Relic, or other monitoring tools to support delivery teams in effectively debugging applications
- Setup of AWS resources such as load-balancers, EC2 instances and RDS databases.
When you join Candid, you do more than simply switch companies to advance your career. "You become part of the Candid family, a group of talented women and men who drive innovation, solve complex problems, embrace change, and above all love technology". In addition to that, below are a few more reasons to join the Candid team:
- Candid is the only Cloud firm on the Inc 5000 Fastest-Growing list five years in a row
- Candid is the only Cloud firm that automates all six stages of the Journey to Cloud
- Candid is the only cloud firm to have successfully built and deployed a massively scalable serverless banking system into production in under 24 hours
- Candid was the first cloud firm to successfully migrate a mainframe to the cloud
- Candid has performed more than 250 cloud migrations/initiatives, and none has ever failed
Benefits & Perks
- Health coverage for you and your family through medical, dental and vision plans
- Financial protection through disability, life, accidental death & dismemberment, and business travel insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- FSA & HSA accounts to help you set aside pre-tax dollars for your healthcare needs
- To help manage your work - life needs; we offer an employee assistance program, professional certification reimbursement, subsidized gym participation reimbursement, financial and wellness seminars
- Long-term care insurance
- Generous paid time off program
- Enjoy our monthly employee social events
- Public speaking opportunities at the company or local events
- Open to relocating to Atlanta or Dallas? Candid will gladly offer relocation assistance to help with the transition
Apply and be the Candid difference!
YouTube Channel: [email protected]