Production Team Lead
Job Description – Canadian Solar Solutions Inc.
Canadian Solar Inc. is one of the world’s largest solar modular producers. As a leading vertically integrated provider of ingots, wafers, solar cells, solar modules, solar power systems and specialized solar products, Canadian Solar delivers uncompromising value to its customers across the globe.
Position Title: Production Team Lead
Reports To:Production Supervisor
The Team Lead is responsible for the performance of the production Lines concerning Continuous Improvement, Scrap Verification and Reduction, Co-ordination, and Verification of Raw Material for the current shift. The Team Lead will also ensure the correct production of shift activity reports, that machinery and equipment are safe to use, and that employees are trained and qualified. He/she will perform any other duty in a safe, reliable and efficient manner. The Team Lead will perform a range of duties supporting managers, supervisors, and shift staff to ensure profitable business operations.
- Assists and coordinates a production shift for Production line
- Monitors and responds to daily product and process concerns and report to supervisor
- Balances production capacity
- Assists in the troubleshooting of production issues related to machine, material, process and operators
- Ensures compliance with product quality and standards, follow work instruction and procedures, as well as production and waste targets, ensures production meets schedules and delivery requirements
- Help Scrap Verification and Reduction
- Comply with team goals and objectives and foster positive staff relationships
- Coordinates with other department such as QA, Engineering and Maintenance to achieve company goals.
- Participates in training and development of self and individual team members
- Participates as part of the plant leadership team in setting objectives and creating strategies to achieve these
- Communicates results and issues to staff and supervisor
- Provides feedback on employee development and performance
- Prepares daily production reports and present them as required
- Ensures that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Canadian Solar Solution Code of Business Conduct
- Support ISO 9001 activities
- Adheres to all environmental, health, and safety rules and policies
- Conducts other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Able to take continental shift
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to complete the above responsibilities
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Able to sensitively, tactfully, confidentially, diplomatically work with professionals and non-professionals alike
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Analytical and time management skills
- Computer literacy, including proficiency with MS Office, experience with enterprise ERP system or other software and e-mail would be an asset
Note: The company reserves the right to change the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time as its own discretion.
Compensation and Benefits:
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement. Our generous benefits package includes a 401(k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental/life/disability program, PTO and sick days. This is a full time position.
Note: Canadian Solar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring accessibility for persons with disabilities by identifying, removing and preventing barriers to promote the rights of all persons and to create an inclusive and accessible working environment. Upon individual request, Canadian Solar will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.