Production Material Coordinator
Job Description – Canadian Solar Solutions Inc.
Canadian Solar Inc. is one of the world’s largest solar modular producers. As a leading vertically integrated provider of ingots, wafers, solar cells, solar modules, solar power systems and specialized solar products, Canadian Solar delivers uncompromising value to its customers across the globe.
Position Title: Production Material Coordinator
Reports To:Production Material Supervisor
It will be responsible for the overall material control and inventory control within Production. Also, the position is required to manage production materials and to coordinate with warehouse to prepare materials for production using. In the meantime, to help drive continuous improvement in our material inventory accuracy, consumption rates, scrap rates and repair rates. It will co-ordinate and verify raw material deliveries to Production throughout the shift and ensure sufficient material to keep the lines running effectively.
- Responsible for working with production department regarding material control, consumption, repair, and scrap
- Delivers raw materials to production lines as needed
- Operates with ERP system to balance raw materials
- Handles material issues to minimize losses caused by line shut down
- Assists in organizing and leading, when required, in periodic inventory count and cycle count activities
- Ensures that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Canadian Solar Solution Code of Business Conduct
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures
- Communicate results and issues to shift staff and manager
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned
Qualifications & Experience
- Able to take continental shift
- Strong Excel, SAP, and ERP system skills
- Accounting background preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience with production/material in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to complete the above responsibilities
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Analytical and time management skills
- Intermediate skills in Excel
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Mandarin an asset
Compensation and Benefits:
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement. Our generous benefits package includes a 401(k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental/life/disability program, PTO and sick days. This is a full time position.
Note: Canadian Solar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring accessibility for persons with disabilities by identifying, removing and preventing barriers to promote the rights of all persons and to create an inclusive and accessible working environment. Upon individual request, Canadian Solar will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.