Construction Manager, SSES
Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically-integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules and custom-designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world-class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all of their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006. Canadian Solar is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Title: Construction Manager, Energy Storage
Department: System Storage and Energy Solutions (SSES)
Reports To: Sr. Director of Project Implementation and Operations
The Construction Manager, Energy Storage will be responsible for providing onsite support to the project management and engineering teams in the construction of BESS projects. This involves liaising with multiple stakeholders including the project owner, owner’s engineer, EPC and various sub-contractors, ensuring environmental, health and safety policies are followed, leading plan of the day meetings, reviewing project schedules and construction progress, and providing technical input to assist in construction issues. A significant amount of construction experience is required as well as demonstrated influence, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ensure all environmental, health and safety policies and procedures are followed
- Oversee construction site, contractors and workers to ensure a high level of quality and safety
- Lead site planning and review meetings regarding construction activities, equipment installation and commissioning
- Review construction and installation work and methods and ensure quality as well as work is performed in accordance with approved drawings, manuals, procedures and codes
- Document and resolve issues encountered during construction through RFI and NCR processes
- Track construction progress ensuring daily rates and project milestones are being met and determine recovery plans as needed
- Evaluate change order requests from subcontractors
- Coordinate and monitor schedule updates, invoices and submittals
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned
- 5+ years construction and EPC industry experience
- Experience with utility scale renewable construction projects
- Risk assessment / management skills
- Solid and effective interpersonal and communication skills (including oral, written and visual)
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Proven experience in execution and delivery of construction projects
- Ability to function successfully both independently and within a team
- Demonstrated professional appearance and conduct
- Ability to work flexible hour (evenings, weekends) as required
- Valid US Driver’s license, valid insurance
- Ability to travel as required and be on site during construction period
- Competency with MS 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project)
- Work will be performed in a standard office environment, in front of a computer monitor and will involve sitting, bending, standing, walking, typing, reaching.
Compensation and Benefits:
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement. Our generous benefits package includes a 401(k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental/life/disability program, PTO and sick days. This is a full time position.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
SCAM / FRAUD ALERT:
Any person asking for a fee for a job at Canadian Solar or immigration to Canada is fraud. (e.g., biometric fee, visa, passport, etc.)
Jobs at Canadian Solar are posted only on our website, https://lnkd.in/gpyqgzg, and LinkedIn page, https://lnkd.in/gTHzFnV. Apply there. We never charge a fee.
We do not advertise on Facebook. We do not interview on WhatsApp. There is no 'hiring manager' for Canada.