3PL Warehouse Supervisor
Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically‐integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules and custom‐designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world‐class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all of their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest‐growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006. Canadian Solar is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Title: 3PL Warehouse Supervisor
Department: Supply Chain and Logistics
Reports to: Director of Supply Chain, Americas
Location: Walnut Creek, Ca
This position will monitor and maintain 3PL warehousing and distribution activities with the primary focus on exceeding and or maintaining Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s). The position will direct daily and tactical 3PL warehouse operations. Service Levels, quality, efficiency, cost effectiveness controls and value will be the drivers to meeting and exceed our customer’s expectation through industry best-practices, metrics, and development of win-win relationship with internal and external customers and partners. The position works directly with business owners to ensure the successful on time and on quality delivery of Canadian Solar products to the customer. Responsibilities include driving cost management, delivery performance, and transition activities.
- Implementation of logistics strategies into local logistics models to support and optimize the processing and distribution of product, including inventory management as well as local operational execution of warehouse activities
- Manage 3rd Party Logistics (3PLs) that can be used by the business to deliver outsourced services for warehousing
- Monitor inventory levels of critical materials to ensure no customer supply interruptions; utilize First In First Out (FIFO) and First Expired First Out (FEFO) practices as required.
- Monitor global applied KPIs as well as additional KPIs that measure and track regional/site logistics performance; set Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that capture, measure and report on the service delivery and financial performance achieved by the distribution center site.
- Manage 3PL service provider engagement from the point of selection, evaluation, and contracting, implementing and ongoing management
- Organize planning and implementation of strategic processes, programs and improvements that involve new technology and/or multi-site or division coordination
- Own site financial for (Value Added Services, VAS, Key Performance Indicators, KPI’s, supplier management, freight costs, inventory cycle count as few examples.)
- Using multiple SAP (ERP) reports; manage and coordinate shipments to and from customers from our distribution warehouses in the US and Caribbean
- Follow up with our sales team on open orders that have not been scheduled for pickup by customers
- Resolve any and all escalation between customers and our warehouse partners
- Ensure all warehouse transactions are captured, processed, and finalized in SAP (ERP)
- Work cross functionally with different departments to streamline and improve process efficiencies
- Schedule and Perform inventory reconciliation for all of our regional warehouses quarterly and perform all systematic adjustments for inventory write ups/down
- Perform all required inventory transfers between our warehouse distribution networks
- Lead warehousing process improvement initiatives (EDI optimization and warehouse reporting.)
- Analyzes and evaluates KPIs of current vendors to optimize process, services, and contract adjustments
- Work closely with Director of Supply Chain and management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures, and systems and to follow through with implementation of best warehousing practices
- Manage, train, and support our Logistics analyst and Coordinator(s) to ensure all warehouse operations and shipments are working efficiently.
- Manage relationships with key operations vendors
- Work closely with the SAP IT team in China to improve ERP SAP system process and best practices.
- Track purchase orders and shipments by entering pertinent data into various systems, including SAP and the Microsoft suite of programs as well as generating various reports to meet and manage business needs
- Analyzes capacities and cost of present and potential vendors
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 4-6 years job experience in logistics, reporting information processing.
- Associates degree required, or equivalent work experience.
- Must have ERP experience; SAP preferred.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, MS Project Plan, Visio).
- Results oriented, organized, highly motivated, and detailed with the ability to multi‐task and prioritize.
- Ability to travel to the within the Americas on a quarterly basis
- Strong adaptability to new systems and technical platforms
- Experienced in relevant process and domain. He/she should possess solid knowledge and understanding of working with 3PL warehouse partners
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Warehousing/ Logistics Management or equivalent working experience.
- SOX Compliance Practice or Understanding a plus.
- Other Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Understanding of MRP, ERP, inventory management, warehouse management and shop floor control systems is a plus.