Business Development Manager, O&M
Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically-integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules and custom-designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world-class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all of their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006. Canadian Solar is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Austin TX (USA)
Reports To: Business Development Director
The O&M Business Development Manager will plan, build and maintain the O&M sales channel in the Unites States of América. This role will work closely with the O&M industry here in USA and also with Canadian Solar’s current internal global O&M function in order for Canadian Solar to successfully participate in the O&M industry here in USA. The role will be involved in the strategic planning of sales channels up to and including building a sales pipeline, meeting with potential clients, negotiating and securing agreements and then maintaining relationships.
- Develop an account penetration strategy to grow the territory
- Contact and meet existing prospects and clients and build a close, binding relationship to understand their needs and to ensure company is positioned correctly to meet those needs
- Generate, identify and contact leads through different sources and trade publications
- Build, maintain, and manage client relationships
- Liaison with wider O&M team members to achieve competitive bids for sub-contracted services
- Obtain necessary information to independently analyze and further qualify opportunities and proposals
- Assist in preparing Scope of Work for contracts
- Point of contact for client concerns or issues
- Successfully drive and negotiate deals through final stages of commitment with the help of all available resources to close business in alignment with quarterly/annual sales goals
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Canadian Solar Solution Code of Business Conduct
- Frequently establish and communicate sales forecast, sales opportunities and prospect review
- Collect and share competitive information as well as market and territory data from the field to assist in marketing strategies as well as to define sales and business development activities
- Participate in trade shows and conferences to represent the company, to entertain clients and prospects and to close new sales opportunities
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures for the solar and service industry
- Relevant tertiary education preferred, equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Strong work ethic, positive team attitude and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Background in Operation & Maintenance highly favoured
- Ability to function successfully both independently and within a team
- Ability to find the decision maker in a complex deal
- Experience with value selling and designing an account penetration strategy/plan
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively
- High proficiency of MS Office applications and Sales Force.com
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and proactively without supervision
- We foster a team environment; honesty and meeting commitments are key values
Compensation and Benefits:
Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.