Job Description – Canadian Solar Solutions Inc.
Canadian Solar Inc. is one of the world’s largest solar modular producers. As a leading vertically integrated provider of ingots, wafers, solar cells, solar modules, solar power systems and specialized solar products, Canadian Solar delivers uncompromising value to its customers across the globe.
Position Title: Production Supervisor
Reports To:Production Manager
The Production Supervisor is responsible for supervision and coordination duties of production staff in such areas as quality, customers’ satisfaction, scheduling, production of shift activity reports, ensuring machinery and equipment are safe and employees are trained and qualified, and other duties as required to be carried out in a safe, reliable, and efficient manner. The Production Supervisor must perform a range of duties supporting managers and directing shift staff to ensure profitable business operations.
- Supervises and coordinates a production shift
- Monitors and responds to daily product and process concerns
- Assists in the troubleshooting of technical problems
- Ensures employees are trained and qualified prior to working on machinery and equipment
- Provides leadership by instilling team goals and objectives while fostering positive staff relationships
- Coordinates with operational departments to achieve company goals
- Communicates results and issues to shift staff
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures
- Set daily/weekly/monthly objectives and communicate them to employees
- Submit reports on performance and progress
- Identify issues in efficiency and suggest improvements
- Enforce strict safety guidelines and company standards
- Set goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with company’s plans and vision and communicate them to subordinates
- Organize workflow and ensure that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks
- Monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching
- Completes other duties and projects as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3 - 5 years of progressive supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with applications of Lean Manufacturing philosophies, TPM, or Six Sigma
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Able to work on continental shift
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, confidentially, diplomatically, and professionally always.
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven experience as supervisor or relevant role
- Ability to learn a variety of job descriptions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- Problem-solving skills
- High School Diploma, Degree in a technical, engineering, or relevant field will be an advantage.
- Mandarin an asset.
Health & Safety
- To Participate in the Company’s Health & Safety, Housekeeping and Environmental programs
- Ensure all internal safety policies and legislation are followed as part of Due Diligence
- Monitor any injuries, and complete paperwork as required.
- Participate in workplace inspections on monthly basis as required.
- Attend all safety training as required.
- Must have working knowledge of all safety legislation and follow all health and safety policies.
- Ensure all employees follow company’s health and safety policies and procedures and report all violations.
Compensation and Benefits:
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement. Our generous benefits package includes a 401(k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental/life/disability program, PTO and sick days. This is a full time position.
Note: The company reserves the right to change the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time as its own discretion.
Note: Canadian Solar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring accessibility for persons with disabilities by identifying, removing and preventing barriers to promote the rights of all persons and to create an inclusive and accessible working environment. Upon individual request, Canadian Solar will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.