Job Description – Canadian Solar Solutions Inc.
Canadian Solar Inc. is one of the world’s largest solar modular producers. As a leading vertically integrated provider of ingots, wafers, solar cells, solar modules, solar power systems and specialized solar products, Canadian Solar delivers uncompromising value to its customers across the globe.
Position Title: Repair Operator
Reports To:Production Leader/Supervisor
The Repair Operator is a key team member and a very much “hands-on” position of the Solar Manufacturing assembly process. The position is required to work safely and effectively in a variety of positions both on and off the line. Also, it will assist the shift supervisor to achieve performance targets by monitoring, identifying issue from previous workstations.
- Identifies and handles non-conformances, reject from stringers, bussing, and EL stations from each responsible line
- Gathers all non-conformances, repair, and disposition them accordingly in timely manner
- Aligns string layup, places EVA strip and insulation strip, and solders string ribbon to busbar
- Inspects string and cell for quality compliance
- Ensures compliance with product quality and standards, follow work instructions and procedures, as well as production and waste targets
- Alerts Team Leaders in the event of production issues related to machine, material, process, and operators are out of hand
- Uses hand and power tools such as soldering machine, tweezers, strippers
- Cleans and prepares workstation and machines
- Ensures that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Canadian Solar Solution Code of Business Conduct
- Adheres to all environmental, health and safety rules and policies
- Conducts other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Able to take continental shift
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Have and communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to quality and detail
- Previous experience as a General Labourer in a manufacturing environment an asset
- Able to perform repetitive tasks, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform physical labour activities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Mandarin an asset
Note: The company reserves the right to change the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time as its own discretion.
Compensation and Benefits:
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement. Our generous benefits package includes a 401(k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental/life/disability program, PTO and sick days. This is a full time position.
Note: Canadian Solar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring accessibility for persons with disabilities by identifying, removing and preventing barriers to promote the rights of all persons and to create an inclusive and accessible working environment. Upon individual request, Canadian Solar will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.