Job Description – Canadian Solar Solutions Inc.
Canadian Solar Inc. is one of the world’s largest solar modular producers. As a leading vertically integrated provider of ingots, wafers, solar cells, solar modules, solar power systems and specialized solar products, Canadian Solar delivers uncompromising value to its customers across the globe.
Position Title: Machine Operator
Reports To: Production Supervisor
The Machine Operator is responsible for the operation of several automated machines as assigned. In addition, the Machine Operator will be responsible for tasks involving physical labor in the manufacturing plant and will be required to operate a variety of hand and power tools. The Machine Operator will be responsible for the efficient production of products according to established procedures following all safety protocols and workplace policies to ensure profitable business operations.
- Responsible for machine operations, including feeding of materials, applying correct process recipes, performing repairs, and the unloading of finished products from the production line
- Operates various equipment (automatic/semi-automatic) such as Stringers and others as required
- Performs in-process tests to ensure that batches meet product specifications
- Performs basic machine set-ups, loading/unloading of raw materials (ex. Ribbon assembly, flux/alcohol refilling, etc.)
- Performs routine preventive maintenance tasks (ex. Nozzle cleaning, teflon/pin change, 5S, etc.)
- Recognizes and troubleshoots products and manufacturing equipment, resetting basic machine faults
- Accurately logs batch records and in-process batch documentation
- Works with technicians and engineers to conduct tests and experiments
- Operates automatic testing equipment to locate circuit and wiring faults (shorts and components defects)
- Performs visual and operational/functional inspection as per work instructions while accurately logging & maintaining production quality documentation
- Adheres to all health and safety rules and procedures
- Completion of other duties and projects as assigned
Qualifications, Experience and Skillset:
- High school diploma required, and technical diploma preferred
- 3+ years of related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Requires judgment, initiative, some specialized knowledge to resolve problems.
- Experience or knowledge in production machine operations, fixture & tooling, process, and quality controls
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently
- Attention to detail in all areas of work, strong literacy, and numeracy skills
- Have good eyesight and the ability to distinguish subtle colour variations
- Be able to meet the requirements of a physically demanding job requiring long periods of standing
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Mandarin an asset
Compensation and Benefits:
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement. Our generous benefits package includes a 401(k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental/life/disability program, PTO and sick days. This is a full time position.
Note: Canadian Solar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring accessibility for persons with disabilities by identifying, removing and preventing barriers to promote the rights of all persons and to create an inclusive and accessible working environment. Upon individual request, Canadian Solar will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.