Weekend Parts Specialist
Position: Weekend Parts Specialist
Status: Full Time
Schedule: Weekend shift – Friday to Sunday – 3 X 12 hour shifts
(06:00AM to 6:00 PM)
- Serve technicians at the parts counter, ensure parts are charged out to the work order.
- Check parts availability and pricing, order parts through various vendors.
- Input parts pricing on internal estimates.
- Responsible for the input of parts invoices into the Transman system.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly cycle counts.
- Tagging and organizing parts to be returned for core and/or warranty
- Pick up parts at vendors as needed.
- Other duties as required by the Department Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract.
- One to three years working with parts and inventory.
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal capabilities.
- Superior computer literacy.
- Able to lift heavy loads up to 50lbs.
- Technical knowledge of truck parts an asset.
- Fork lift license an asset.
The Canada Cartage advantage:
- No rotating shifts.
- No mandatory overtime.
- Minimal outside work (vast majority of parts stored inside).
- Heated shop, secured parts room.
- Uniforms provided.
- Recession-proof business model, steady hours all year around.
- Well maintained, modern fleet (mostly 2018 and newer).
- Performance based remuneration.
- Comprehensive benefits (life, disability, medication, dental, vision, RRSP and more).
- 3 paid sick days per year.
- Group discounts (Costco, Hertz, Bell, GMC, Lenovo, Goodlife Fitness and more).
- Boot and winter coat allowance.
- Solid career advancement opportunities.
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women.