Position: Account Coordinator
Status: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Schedule: Monday to Friday – Day Time
At Canada Cartage we work with intelligent and focused leaders who are driven to create an outstanding customer experience in partnership with Canadian leading brands. Canada Cartage is deep rooted in family values with an entrepreneurial culture where ideas are welcomed, growth is fostered and high performance is championed. A recognized thought leader and founded in 1914, Canada Cartage dominates the industry by delivering innovative fleet solutions. We are currently looking to add an account Coordinator who is equally passionate about serving the community and achieving operational success alongside our dedicated and loyal employees. This role will be based in the Edmonton Terminal and interested candidates are encouraged to apply below.
The Account Coordinator is responsible for planning and managing all details of the dedicated accounts assigned. Ensuring all vacated runs are covered by a driver, updating accurately our system and reporting all delays to customers.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Maintain data entries specific to accounts, including pro bills, and progression
- Manage all assigned equipment for each account, scheduling maintenance as required
- Foster driver relationships for each account to ensure driver retention
- All driver disciplinary issues to be elevated to Supervisor/Operations Manager
- Provide Operations team with needed reports for assigned accounts
- Provide excellent customer service for assigned accounts, taking care of customer requests
- Ensure all driver trips are planned and confirmed for assigned accounts
- Ensure all driver paperwork is submitted and audited daily
- Track and Trace our drivers as required
- Plan and cross-train staff to help cover holiday requests on assigned accounts
- Continually strives to improve work processes, methods, environment, customer service, and personal/team performance
- Other duties as required
Core Competencies and Qualifications:
- Strong communication skills – must be able to effectively communicate with both drivers and customers both orally and written.
- Bilingual in both French and English
- Previous account management experience in transportation is an asset
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in the following Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to type up to 45 words per minute
- Familiarity with transportation and hours of service an asset
- Proven experience in handling multiple priorities
- Must be available to work overtime if the demand arises
- Strong leadership skills
- Cross border (US) paperwork experience considered an asset
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups, and women.