Talent Acquisition Specialist
TALENT AQUISITION SPECIALIST
At Canada Cartage we work with intelligent and focused leaders who are driven to create an outstanding customer experience in partnership with Canadian leading brands. Canada Cartage is deep rooted in family values with an entrepreneurial culture where ideas are welcomed, growth is fostered and high performance is championed. A recognized thought leader and founded in 1914, Canada Cartage dominates the industry by delivering innovative fleet solutions.
We are currently looking to add a full-time Talent Acquisition Specialist to our team. Someone who is equally passionate about serving the community and achieving operational success alongside our dedicated and loyal employees.
Located in Mississauga and reporting to the Talent Acquisition Manager, our team is responsible for ensuring Canada Cartage is the #1 talent destination in Transportation/ Logistics. You will contribute to the broader vision, strategy and roadmap for attracting and retaining high achievers, driven to win.
Our people matter and are critically important in ensuring we create an outstanding experience for our people, customers and shareholders, directly impacting the communities we live in.
The Specific Role Mandate included:
- Full cycle recruitment nationally of Drivers
- Building an end to end talent journey
- External & Internal proactive talent pipelining
- Ensuring it is widely known that Canada Cartage is an employer of choice
- Collaborating with Recruitment Marketing on employer brand management and out of the box ideas that speak to the authenticity and culture of Canada Cartage
- Ensuring our recruitment process is fair, inclusive, diverse and attracting the best
- Measuring clearly defined metrics that will be used to assess people’s suitability for different job positions.
- Rank the selection criteria, establish expectations with Hiring Committee Members and ensure everyone is using the same evaluation matrix.
- A strong focus on retention initiatives and programs
- Developing a good understanding of, and relationship with, reputable driving schools
- Working with other teams within Canada Cartage to develop programs to attract and train qualified drivers
- Metrics: Measuring the success of recruiting initiatives
- Provide weekly updates to hiring managers on the status of open requisitions
- Accountable for measuring results and meeting objectives including: time-to-fill, quality candidates (road test success rate, quality of hire metric, turnover metrics)
- Providing reports and updates to others as required
Who you are:
- To you, ok and good are not good enough as you are continuously striving to provide top notch service to the business
- You naturally have a love for people in general and are a great listener
- You are a strong and influential communicator (written and verbally)
- You are prepared to dive right in to learn the business, each division, how we operate, our values and consistently strive to ensure our programs are connected directly to the organizations short term and long term goals
- Comfortable consulting with Senior level stakeholders
- Possess a high sense of urgency and accountability
- You are adaptable, not afraid of change and resourceful
- You are results driven, work well in a team and individually
- You appreciate and are open to critical feedback to learn and grow
- Continuous improvement initiatives are enjoyable to you
- You think along the lines of, "we have nothing to prove and everything to improve!"
- Successfully pass a criminal background check
Why work for Canada Cartage?
We are a family-oriented company with competitive benefits, including extended health and dental, RRSP and Company-Matching pension plans; discounted hotels, car rentals, entertainment, gym memberships, phone plans, electronics, to name a few of the perks; a cohesive team and a positive, hard-working atmosphere. We have fun events throughout the year, like truck rodeos, summer barbeques and driver-appreciation week that regularly bring us together. It’s important to give back to the communities in which we operate, so we volunteer with and donate to local charities.
We also have Company wide recognition initiatives designed to recognize drivers and staff when they demonstrate outstanding customer service, teamwork and our core values.
Why do we have one of the lowest driver turn-over rates in Canada? A team environment, short-haul regular routes and great benefits. Come work with us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpMA1riOzPI
Recognized leader in the industry:
Canada Cartage has been recognized on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022. This is the sixth straight year that Canada Cartage has been included on this list. https://www.forbes.com/companies/canada-cartage/?list=canada-best-employers&sh=7841454553d8
The Canada’s Best Employers 2022 title, along with our 6th year of being recognized by Trucking HR as one of Canada’s “Top Fleet Employers” serves to reinforce Canada Cartage’s reputation as an employer of high quality.
We’re growing! We have also been ranked in the top 10 of Today’s Trucking top 100 ranking of Canada’s largest for-hire truck fleets for 2022. https://hubs.la/Q017bTLd0
Celebrating 100 years: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3S-CtHQhVY
Integrity: We conduct our business with honour, honest and ethics with our people, the environment and legal matters. We believe I being transparent and trustworthy, respecting the traditional “handshake” value system and earning our way in.
Humanity: We are a family minded organization, caring for people and treating them with dignity, decency and respect, be it employees, customers, suppliers or our partners. Open door policy and dealings is our way.
Accountability: Accountability and accessibility to our staff, customers and our customers’ customers is of utmost importance to us. We enable a high level of two way communication, providing access to people who wil deal with issues ad have the willingness to resolve things. We will be relied on and held accountable for our results and our long term commitments.
Collaboration: We understand that results are the product of a team effort. As part of our process, we ensure collaboration with all our staff at all levels in all roles across departmental lines. With our customers, we use a collaborative style approach, sharing ownership to ensure a successful operation.
Dedication: Our organization is employee and customer-driven. We encourage an environment of conscientious effort and earnestness, hiring problem solvers who are responsive and have a "can-do" attitude to get the job done.
Leadership: Personal leadership to us means being competent, taking ownership, demonstrating initiative, and having a voice. Corporate leadership to us means being leaders in the market, continuous improvement and innovation, and empowering those around you. https://jobs.jobvite.com/canadacartage
Come work with an industry leader!
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups, and women.