Heavy Duty Mechanic - Licensed Or Apprentice
Position: Heavy Duty Mechanic
Required by: ASAP
Status: Temporary - 6 Month Contract
Location: 4700 102 Ave SE, Calgary, AB
Schedule: Wednesday to Saturday, 7:00 AM to 5:30 PM
We are currently seeking a Heavy Duty Mechanic who will be responsible for performing scheduled preventative maintenance and necessary repairs to Canada Cartage equipment (trucks, trailers, lift-gates, heaters, vans, etc.).
- Employ diagnostic methodologies to determine repairs required
- Use industry standard "Best Practices" to conduct repairs
- Maintain equipment employing industry "Best Standard" practices
- Understanding the priorities of the maintenance department, its customers and stakeholders
- Generating complete and accurate repair orders
- Ensures all parts are recorded on Repair Orders.
- Assists in assembling warranty situations, and ensures appropriate documentation and notification is complete
- Other duties as required
- 3rd or 4th Year Apprentice preferred
- Licensed Journeyman or Red Seal Certification an asset
- CVIP Certification an asset
- Strong welding/fabrication skills an asset
- Engine and Electrical experience required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work as part of a large team
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Ability to multi task and be flexible with the companies ever changing needs
Why work for Canada Cartage?
- An opportunity to work with a two-time recipient of Trucking HR's Top Fleet Employer Award (2016 & 2017)
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Uniform, Safety Shoes and Tool Allowances
- RRSP, Pension, Health, and Dental Benefits Packages available
- Company Perks: discounted hotels, car rentals, entertainment, gym memberships, phone plans, electronics, home services, cars, and more!
If you meet the above qualifications, please respond to this job posting and attach your current resume and/or cover letter.
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women