Warehouse Analyst – Canada Cartage System
Reports to: Director, Enterprise Applications and PMO Department: Information Technology
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
The individual in this position will play a key role in supporting Canada Cartage’s Applications, with a focus on warehousing/logistics. This portfolio currently encompasses the 3PL/Warehouse Management System, Customer Web Portal, Shipping Platforms and smaller Ancillary Systems. The applications are a mix of 3rd party systems with some customizations and internally built applications.
The individual will administer the 3PL/Warehouse systems while ensuring day to day issues on these systems are supported in a timely manner. They will also act as a Subject Matter Expert for all internal initiatives relating to these applications. This is a key role in ensuring the ongoing smooth operation of the business and becomes the natural go-to person for both resources within the technical team and the business community.
- Log, prioritize, troubleshoot, route and monitor all support incidents or questions relating to the applications supported. The applications could be COTS vendor applications or internal applications.
- Assist internal teams with troubleshooting, technical support and other issues relating to the applications supported.
- Perform root cause analysis to determine the cause of recurring issues and either fix or provide recommendations toward solutions.
- Mentor L1 staff or Super Users within the Business departments on activities they support in the systems.
- Manage the upkeep of the application. Ensure that the application is updated routinely and functioning at an acceptable performance level. This would involve working with the Infrastructure team to ensure sufficient resources are provisioned.
- Continually drive improvements within the support processes by identifying opportunities for automation or transforming processes into something simpler. You may have the opportunity to then drive those as small projects.
Subject Matter Expertise
- Be a Subject Matter Expert for the Applications being supported. Progressively understand the current functionality, keep up with future enhancements on the product roadmap, and assess capabilities in competing applications within the same domain.
- Provide feedback into various projects’ Solution/Design phases that involve the application portfolio. Assist the team members by providing system requirements and/or test cases for initiatives concerning the applications.
- Prepare training documentation/SOPs and train both users and other trainers on system use.
- Support process mapping and SOP building for business processes undertaken using the application set.
- May participate in testing activities within the supported applications by preparing test plans and test cases, managing or executing the tests, capturing results and ensuring defects are raised to the Project Manager or Vendor.
Relationships & Communication
- Use effective communication and listening skills with internal customers, external customers, vendors, and team members within the IT department while troubleshooting system issues.
- Professional communication with current and new customers.
- Be flexible and astute in tailoring communication to different audiences. Example: Technical/vendor vs every day users
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key day-to-day users of the system such that you can reinforce proper use of the system and become a change agent during project rollouts.
- Manage the relationship with the Application vendors. This will involve routine touchpoints to ensure open issues are being addressed promptly and escalated for further attention as required.
Experience & Skills:
- Experience working within the Supply Chain along with a good understanding of the business lifecycle managed within the Applications supporting it.
- Strong analytical & prioritization skills
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, listening and presentation).
- Keen to learn and understand new technologies and their applicability
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and also the work well with a cross-functional team to achieve organizations goals.
- Active person who shows initiative and enjoys a challenge
- Able to handle multiple initiatives in parallel but recognizes the importance of prioritization
- Completion of Post-secondary degree in an analytical specialization (Engineering, Sciences or Business with IT concentration preferred).
- Technically competent with Microsoft Office suite of products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- 4 or more years working in the capacity of an Application, Systems, Technical or Business Analyst
- Proficient within HighJump 3PL System or other Warehouse Management Systems including RF functionality
- Understanding of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) within Warehousing standards
Nice to haves:
- Competence using SQL to query tables within 3PL database
- IT industry certifications
- Experience working with Business Intelligence tools such as PowerBI
- Project Management skills
- Logistics industry certifications
Working Hours and Location:
- Weekend and afterhours support is required based on production issues and project timelines
- Flexibility to travel between multiple facilities in the Mississauga area
- Some out of province travel may be required if involved in a project. Supply chain WMS Inventory