Status: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Shift Availability: Days
At Canada Cartage we work with intelligent and focused leaders who are driven to create an outstanding customer experience in partnership with Canadian leading brands. Canada Cartage is deep rooted in family values with an entrepreneurial culture where ideas are welcomed, growth is fostered and high performance is championed. A recognized thought leader and founded in 1914, Canada Cartage dominates the industry by delivering innovative fleet solutions. We are currently looking to add a Claims Administrator who is equally passionate about serving the community and achieving operational success alongside our dedicated and loyal employees. This role will be based in the Winnipeg office and interested candidates are encouraged to apply below.
The Claims Administrator will be reporting to the National Manager, Risk Insurance & Claims, the Claims Administrator is responsible for investigating and processing assigned company commercial insurance claims. You will be working closely with our Safety, Fleet & Operations departments in providing commercial trucking claims service and support. You will be acting as a liaison between Canada Cartage and our Insurance Company and investigate, negotiate, and settle claims based on Insurer and Corporate claims guidelines
- Coordinates and handles all internal claims investigations and communicates the findings internally and to the customer/vendor within a timely manner.
- Provide quality customer service to customers and claimants with a primary goal of resolving claims efficiently and expeditiously
- Verifies/analyzes applicable coverage for the reported loss and administers the financial aspects of assigned claims including establishing claim reserves, internal cost allocation, processing loss payments and subrogation collection.
- Negotiates, settles and resolves motor vehicle accident claims, cargo and property losses with insurance company adjusters, claimants, customers and third parties claimant representatives.
- Receives and reviews incident reports and claim investigation material including Police reports, Motor Accident reports, and Property Damage and Exception reports.
- Sets and monitors claim file reserves
- Works with assigned independent adjusters and representatives from our insurance company on bringing claims to resolution.
- Perform duties in accordance with industry standards, regulations, corporate timelines, performance standards and workplace safety and health policies and procedures
- Coordinates with the fleet department, repair facilities, recovery companies and operations teams on getting damaged equipment repaired and back into operations in a timely and efficient manner.
- Establishes, maintains and manages paperless and computer claim files, on assigned liability, property and physical damage claims with all documentation and investigation material housed in chronological order.
- Prepares subrogation documents and manages cost recovery for applicable claim files
- Maintain active monitoring file and diary ensuring claim files are managed effectively
- Participates with an on call rotation which entails answering phone calls during off-duty hours
- Other duties as reasonably assigned
- Completion of high school required
- Minimum 2 years of experience handling auto and cargo Claims (Commercial Transportation claims preferred)
- Insurance Institute of Canada (CIP Program) designation considered asset
- Must be able to demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management, prioritization, organizational and planning skills required
- Ability to problem solve, self-motivated and work independently
- Good negotiation skills and customer service focus
- Proficient in internet and database applications and Microsoft Office programs including Excel
- Must have excellent keyboarding skills, be able to type over 40 WPM and have the ability to create, modify and manipulate data in spreadsheets
- High Volume, fast paced environment
- Position is interactive, requires team members to be in office daily
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups, and women.