Dock Supervisor- Night shift
Position: Dock Supervisor
Status: Full Time
Location: Laval, QC
Schedule: Monday to Friday – 22h00 pm to 6:30 am
At Canada Cartage we work with intelligent and focused leaders who are driven to create an outstanding customer experience in partnership with Canadian leading brands. Canada Cartage is deep rooted in family values with an entrepreneurial culture where ideas are welcomed, growth is fostered and high performance is championed. A recognized thought leader and founded in 1914, Canada Cartage dominates the industry by delivering innovative fleet solutions.
We are currently looking to add a Dock Supervisor who is equally passionate about serving the community and achieving operational success alongside our dedicated and loyal employees. This role will be based in the Laval Terminal and interested candidates are encouraged to apply below.
The Dock Supervisor is a hands on positions that will oversee the day to day operations of the Dock. Additionally, you will collaborate with supervisors, team leads, dispatch, drivers, and provide customer service to ensure the overall business operations are efficient, effective and meet overall customer standards.
- Identifies potential discrepancies in inventories and performs documented audits as required
- Set an example to the forklift operator team of professional and ethical work practices
- Ensure forklift operators are trained effectively in all aspects of their position
- Provide timely information regarding forklift operator performance in the areas of attendance, production, quality, safety, and housekeeping to the Operations Supervisor
- Identifies problem employees and alerts the Operations Supervisor immediately to ensure the employee does not present a hazard to himself or other workers in the workplace, in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Oversee the operation of the forklift operator team members to achieve prescribed objectives and ensure work is performed in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Assists forklift operators in the performance of their assigned duties
- Reports all accidents to the Operations Supervisor and aids in the investigation in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, and company policy
- Evaluate housekeeping, security, and safety standards on a daily basis
- Review warehouse operations daily to ensure the warehouse is neat, secure, and organized
- Monitor operations to ensure that damage to product, equipment, and the facility are prevented and reported
- Provide general communication on relevant safety issues and concerns
- Brings forward any safety concerns brought forward by team members to the Senior Operations Manager
- Coordinates activities with co-workers, team members, and contracted personnel and other visitors to the operation
- Accompanies visitors on site visits as required
- Continually strives to improve work processes, methods, environment, customer service, personal and team performance
- Other duties as required
- Experience as a Lead Hand in a warehouse environment
- Experience in and solid understanding of warehousing and distribution operations in cross-dock facility
- Able to lift 50lbs unassisted
- Capable of performing all aspects of the job function for which you are applying
- Must have customer service experience and follow appearance guidelines
- Bilingual in both French and English
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- PC skills such as MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Must have forklift certification
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups, and women.