Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7am start time shift
Position type: Permanent, Full time
Location: Delta, BC
Details of Position:
- Assess and support all driver inquiries
- Escalate issues to Management when unable to resolve
- Provide drivers with all relevant information and/or tools for their trip; maps, schedules, trip sheets, access codes, trip numbers, tractor keys, log books, etc.
- Create ERR’s (Equipment Repair Requests), Audit Driver DVIR’s (Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports)
- Responsible for ensuring that all work is accurately entered in the A1 system in a timely manner; live updating, order entry, to planning, to activating, progressing and closing trips.
- Provide Dispatchers & Planners with information needed for shift change reports
- Support Dispatchers & Planners in recovery planning for drivers, tractors, and/or trailers
- Supply CSR’s with information needed for customer reports
- Ensure driver trip sheets are complete
- Operation of the switch board; answering phone calls and transferring to the proper department
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 1 year experience in the transportation industry
- Understanding of transportation and Hours Of Service required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Leadership skills and proven experience in handling multiple priorities
- Must be able to work independently and in high stress environments
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills and critical decision-making capabilities
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule and be able to work overtime if the demand arises
- Proficient with Microsoft Programs; Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.
- Ability to type up to 45 words per minute
- Experience with a computerized dispatch system is an asset
Why work for Canada Cartage?
Extended Health and Dental Benefits, RRSP and Company-Matching Pension Plans
Discounted hotels, car rentals, entertainment, gym memberships, phone plans, electronics, home services, cars, etc.
- Opportunities for advancement within the company
Work with a company named "Canada's Best Employer 2020" in Transportation & Logistics by Forbes
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women.