Class 1 Truck driver
Class 1 Truck driver
We are looking for professional and safety-oriented Class 1 Truck Drivers in Winnipeg, Manitoba for Local work, and Highway Runs across Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario.
- Hold a valid Class 1 license
- Minimum 2 years of commercial driving experience with Class 1
- Must provide a Clean 5-year Commercial Drivers abstract (restrictions apply)
- Must be able to drive manual transmission
- Criminal Record Check required
- Willing to handbomb, Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Flat deck, LCV, Moffet training considered an asset
Why work for Canada Cartage
- We are the three-time recipient of Trucking HR’s Top Fleet Employer (2016, 2017 & 2018) and were named Top Workplace Culture in 2018. Also named as one of Canada’s Best Employers two years in a row now by Forbes (2018 & 2019)
- Dedicated 24-Hour Dispatch Coverage
- Modern, well maintained Fleet; professionally detailed, inside and out, on a regular basis
- Competitive benefits package including company-matching pension plan
- Competitive Mileage & Hourly Pay Rates
- Stability; Full Time, Steady Hours and consistent year round work
- Safety-oriented company with a safety program in place
- Opportunities for career advancements through training and development
- We can offer a variety of shifts and runs and options for dedicated runs
- Company perks such as company phone, uniform/safety boot allowance and discount programs for gym memberships, auto services, cell phone plans, etc.
- Follow Hours of Service regulations (E-Logs)
- Handle freight documents/manifests
- Promptly deliver customer freight and update dispatch on ETA’s
- Some positions may require Unloading of various freight via pallet jack, 2-wheeler, or by hand
- Complete all other duties as reasonably assigned
If you meet the above qualification, please respond to this job posting and attach your current resume and/or Commercial Driver Abstract.
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Limited Partnership encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women