Compressed Gas Safety Supervisor
Canada Cartage was founded in 1914 and is the country's largest provider of outsourced fleet solutions, providing dedicated equipment and drivers to both small and large firms.
We are looking for an experienced Safety Supervisor for our Cryogenics Division in Edmonton, AB.
Why work for Canada Cartage?
- Work with a company named Canada’s Best Employer 2018 in Transportation & Logistics by Forbes
- Extended Health, and Dental Benefits & RRSP and Company-Matching Pension Plans
- Work/Life balance
- Discounted hotels, car rentals, entertainment, gym memberships, phone plans, electronics, home services, cars, etc.
- Opportunities for career advancements through training and development
- Provide on-the-road training in all types of Canada Cartage vehicles to new driver candidates and current drivers;
- Conduct road tests
- Responsible for direct front-line supervision and support of Cryogenics Tanker Drivers in regards to compliance with applicable safety policies and regulations
- Performing pre/post trip inspection and written driver evaluations
- Conducting one-on-one coaching with drivers during scheduled runs
- Accurately documenting and addressing training progress and problems
- Practicing, supporting and enforcing safe work procedures including safety and company policies
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
- This position will involve fieldwork with driver observations for about 30 to 40% of the time
- Provide Classroom training including; WHMIS , Transportation of Dangerous and Customer’s Requirements overall classroom training 10 to 20% of job
- Emergency first responder – Attend and provide
directresponse to emergency situations including the completion of accurate accident/incident summary reports and other official documentation
- Other duties as required
- Valid Class 1, or equivalent, drivers license and have a clean Commercial Drivers Abstract
- 3 to 5 years of compressed gas/tanker experience
- 3 to 5 years of tractor-trailer driving experience and Preventable
Accident freefor a minimum of three (3) years required
- 1 year minimum of lead or supervisory experience
- Able to drive manual transmission vehicles (up to 18 Speed)
- Strong leadership skills
- Computer skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to remain calm under demanding conditions
- Ability to train, evaluate and manage drivers
- Maintain training documentation based on regulations and company policies
- Must pass a criminal background check
- First Aid Certification
If you meet the above qualification, please respond to this job posting and attach your current resume. We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position;
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women