Position: Financial Analyst
Status: Full Time
Schedule: Monday to Friday
The position will be located in our Mississauga office. This incumbent will work with the Finance team, to analyze and interpret divisional financial results and trends, including margins, revenue and costs. This position requires a highly motivated, detail oriented and organized individual with strong communication and inter-personal skills and the ability to work independently.
- Detailed analysis of margin trends, customer revenue and expenses and interpretation of divisional financial results
- Develop key performance metrics for the various business units
- Prepare and assist in the review of the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of corporate results
- Participation in month-end close meetings with accounting, operation’s directors and senior management
- Ensure all financial analysis and corresponding reports are accurate, timely and address the needs of the business
- Working with the Corporate team to help implement policies related to establishing reliable and accurate cut-off and accrual procedures, expense approvals, etc.
- Working with various groups (Finance, Operations, IT), as required, to assist in the integration of business acquisitions
- Develop, analyze and communicate ad hoc financial reports to the business
- Prepare materials and presentations (reports, charts, graphs) for senior management
Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Undergraduate degree and professional accounting designation required.
- Ability to consolidate, analyze and summarize large amounts of data from a variety of sources.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint with the ability to build complex formulas to support quantitative analysis, trend analysis and exception reporting.
- Experience with BI products (Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Strong communication, relationship building and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- 7+ years of experience in a similar role or multi-region reporting environment.
- Logistics experience is preferred but not required.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.