310T Mechanic, Afternoon Shift
Canada Cartage is the country's largest provider of outsourced fleet solutions, providing dedicated equipment and drivers to both small and large firms. We are looking for a 310T Mechanic to join the maintenance team.
Position: 310T Truck Mechanic
Status: Full time
Rate of Pay: $34.58/hour + $2.00 shift premium
Shifts: Monday to Thursday - 3:00 PM to 1:30 AM
- Perform scheduled Preventative Maintenance Inspections and repairs.
- Perform diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Work towards meeting industry standard repair times for assigned repairs.
- Train on and stay current with new technologies.
- Maintain work areas of shop to meet health and safety standards.
- Communicate issues/concerns to managers as needed.
- Certified 310T mechanic with sound knowledge of shop practices.
- Ability to diagnose and repair mechanical/electrical problems while working with SRT.
- Self-motivated with a desire to meet and surpass company standards.
- Ability to use a computer to manage electronic punch times and payroll.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract.
- Must have own tools.
- Exposed to exhaust gases, vibrations, chemicals and shop noise.
- Ability to perform heavy work such as removing tractor wheel assemblies (120lbs).
The Canada Cartage advantage:
- No rotating shifts.
- No mandatory overtime.
- Minimal outside mobile work (only boosting).
- Heated shop equipped with pits for easy servicing.
- Uniforms provided.
- Recession-proof business model, steady hours all year around.
- Well maintained, modern fleet (mostly 2018 and newer).
- Performance based remuneration.
- Online OEM Education (Navistar, Cummins).
- Comprehensive benefits (life, disability, medication, and dental, vision, RRSP and more).
- Group discounts (Costco, Hertz, Bell, GMC, Lenovo, Goodlife Fitness and more).
- Tool, boot and winter coat allowance.
- Solid career advancement opportunities.
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women.