Truck Driver -Class 1 -FAST Card (Company Driver or Owner Operator)
Canada Cartage was founded in 1914 and is the country's largest provider of outsourced fleet solutions, providing dedicated equipment and drivers to both small and large firms.
We are looking for professional and safety-oriented Class 1 Truck Company Drivers or Owner Operator with a FAST Card in Edmonton or Calgary, AB. We have Highway Runs to Trail, BC & Canby, Oregon, USA. If you love being on the road and enjoy scenic drives this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Little to no hand bombing involved, dedicated equipment, day time driving, and work-life balance with weekends off.
Why work for Canada Cartage
- We offer Full Time Hours with a variety of shifts, runs and options for dedicated runs
- We provide consistent year-round work and due to our company size and customer diversity we will have additional work for those who want more
- Once on board, you can earn bonuses by referring your friends and family to come work with us from $2250 (restrictions apply)
- We have various company perks such as company phone, uniform/safety boot allowance, and discount programs for gym memberships, auto services, etc.
- Canada Cartage offers a modern well-maintained fleet
- Safety-oriented company with a safety program in place
- We offer competitive mileage rates, wages, and premiums
- Company-matching pension plan and competitive benefits package
- There are opportunities for career advancements through training and development
Your Daily Responsibilities:
- Adhere to Hours of Service regulations
- Handle freight documents/manifests
- Promptly deliver customer freight and update dispatch on ETA’s
- Unloading of various freight via pallet jack, 2-wheeler, or on occasion by hand
- Complete all other duties as reasonably assigned
Our General Requirements/Qualifications:
- Hold a valid Class 1 license
- Valid FAST Card
- Mountain Experience
- Must provide a 5 year Commercial Drivers abstract; valid within the past 30 days and no more than 3 demerits and 3 negative events
- Must be able to drive manual transmission
- Must pass a criminal background check; must be bondable
- Drug and Alcohol Testing as part of the pre-employment process
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
If you meet the above qualification, please respond to this job posting and attach your current resume and/or Commercial Driver Abstract. We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women