Operations Field Supervisor
OPERATIONS FIELD SUPERVISOR
At Canada Cartage we work with intelligent and focused leaders who are driven to create an outstanding customer experience in partnership with Canadian leading brands. Canada Cartage is deep rooted in family values with an entrepreneurial culture where ideas are welcomed, growth is fostered and high performance is championed. A recognized thought leader and founded in 1914, Canada Cartage dominates the industry by delivering innovative fleet solutions.
We are currently looking to add a full-time Field Supervisor to our team. Someone who is equally passionate about serving the community and achieving operational success alongside our dedicated and loyal employees.
Located at our Laval, Quebec terminal, the Operations Field Supervisor is responsible for providing overall operational supervision of dedicated transportation services including drivers, on-site staff and equipment, for a number of assigned customers. This position will support the ongoing development and implementation of the Company's business plan, while maintaining a cost effective operation and providing superior customer service.
- Manage customer schedules as requested
- Schedule appropriate drivers and equipment to meet the customer’s service requirements while maintaining the company’s budget commitment and mitigating overtime
- Manage domiciled and surge equipment requirements, including rental units
- Report on fuel efficiency and idle percentage
- Resolve equipment breakdown issues and driver scheduling issues
- Facilitate daily communication and issue management with customers, drivers and staff
- Review driver productivity and utilization reports and provide recommendations to Manager
- Monitor driver activities through Onboard and job site observations and ensure drivers are compliant and working in a productive manner
- Generate KPI reports and issue to management as required
- Audit all vendor invoices including fuel, rentals
- Audit payroll reports and OT reports
- Manage and monitor dispatch and admin performance
- Coordinate scheduled PM service of equipment to mitigate additional costs
- Partner with Safety & Compliance regarding accidents, incidents and safety priorities
- Review and report all non-revenue and stem hours to Manager
- Oversee driver agency vendor relationships and requirements
- Deliver stage one and two discipline to drivers as required.
- Manage and enforce PPE and uniform requirements of drivers.
- Manage in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures to obtain optimal
- customer service and efficiency
Customer Facing Responsibilities:
- Developing and maintaining customer SOP's for each assigned account
- Coordinate a standing weekly schedule of customer site visits, ensuring consistent engagement with customers and drivers
- Providing professional responses to customer emails and communications
- Participate in customer meetings as requested
- Track customer key performance indicators
- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders within our customers organizations
Core Competencies and Qualification:
- Minimum of 2+ years in a management, supervisory, or lead capacity, preferably in the transportation, logistics, or warehousing industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong leadership and analytical skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- MS Office proficiency necessary; Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.
- Direct experience with staff scheduling in a variable work volume environment required.
- Experience in a 24 x 7 operation, preferably in the transportation, logistics or warehousing industry.
- Successfully pass a criminal background check
Why work for Canada Cartage?
We are a family-oriented company with competitive benefits, including extended health and dental, RRSP and Company-Matching pension plans; discounted hotels, car rentals, entertainment, gym memberships, phone plans, electronics, to name a few of the perks; a cohesive team and a positive, hard-working atmosphere. We have fun events throughout the year, like truck rodeos, summer barbeques and driver-appreciation week that regularly bring us together. It’s important to give back to the communities in which we operate, so we volunteer with and donate to local charities
We also have Company wide recognition initiatives designed to recognize drivers and staff when they demonstrate outstanding customer service, teamwork and our core values.
Why do we have one of the lowest driver turn-over rates in Canada? A team environment, short-haul regular routes and great benefits. Come work with us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpMA1riOzPI
Recognized leader in the industry:
Canada Cartage has been recognized on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022. This is the sixth straight year that Canada Cartage has been included on this list. https://www.forbes.com/companies/canada-cartage/?list=canada-best-employers&sh=7841454553d8
The Canada’s Best Employers 2022 title, along with our 6th year of being recognized by Trucking HR as one of Canada’s “Top Fleet Employers” serves to reinforce Canada Cartage’s reputation as an employer of high quality.
We’re growing! We have also been ranked in the top 10 of Today’s Trucking top 100 ranking of Canada’s largest for-hire truck fleets for 2022. https://hubs.la/Q017bTLd0
Celebrating 100 years: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3S-CtHQhVY
Integrity: We conduct our business with honour, honest and ethics with our people, the environment and legal matters. We believe I being transparent and trustworthy, respecting the traditional “handshake” value system and earning our way in.
Humanity: We are a family minded organization, caring for people and treating them with dignity, decency and respect, be it employees, customers, suppliers or our partners. Open door policy and dealings is our way.
Accountability: Accountability and accessibility to our staff, customers and our customers’ customers is of utmost importance to us. We enable a high level of two way communication, providing access to people who wil deal with issues ad have the willingness to resolve things. We will be relied on and held accountable for our results and our long term commitments.
Collaboration: We understand that results are the product of a team effort. As part of our process, we ensure collaboration with all our staff at all levels in all roles across departmental lines. With our customers, we use a collaborative style approach, sharing ownership to ensure a successful operation.
Dedication: Our organization is employee and customer-driven. We encourage an environment of conscientious effort and earnestness, hiring problem solvers who are responsive and have a "can-do" attitude to get the job done.
Leadership: Personal leadership to us means being competent, taking ownership, demonstrating initiative, and having a voice. Corporate leadership to us means being leaders in the market, continuous improvement and innovation, and empowering those around you. https://jobs.jobvite.com/canadacartage
Come work with an industry leader!
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups, and women.