Reporting to the Sr. Operations Manager, the Operations Supervisor is responsible for working with the day-to-day activities of the Operations Team (Dispatch & Drivers) to effectively implement transportation services to customers and to ensure that all activities are accurately recorded in the company’s transportation management system.
- Assisting in interviewing, training, developing staff skill sets and coaching for all Support Staff and Drivers within their area of responsibility.
- Ensuring Dispatchers and Drivers have the necessary tools to perform their job functions.
- Scheduling and communicating with staff, including Drivers and equipment resources. Ensuring 24-hour shift coverage.
- Assisting Dispatchers or front line supervisors in troubleshooting and resolving day-to-day issues and activities.
- Conducting regular formal employee reviews and informal feedback discussions for all staff within their area of responsibility.
- Monitoring service levels to ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Administering disciplinary action as required.
- Acting as primary operations point person for any billing/payroll issues for accounts within their area of responsibility.
- Supporting and enforcing the Company’s Health and Safety and Compliance policies.
- Make recommendations to improve production methods, working conditions, and increase efficiency.
- Act as liaison between supervisors, staff and customers.
- 5 years of experience required in a supervisory or management role, preferably in the transportation industry
- Excellent leadership and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Direct experience with staff scheduling in a variable work volume environment
- MS Office proficiency necessary
- Experience in a 24 x 7 operation, preferably in the transportation industry
- Post secondary or equivalent experience an asset
- Trained in Hours of Service an asset
- Class 1 license an asset
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women.