Position: Operations Manager
Status: Full Time
Location: Mississauga, ON
At Canada Cartage we work with zeal, intelligent and focused leaders who are driven to create an outstanding customer experience in partnership with Canadian leading brands. Canada Cartage is deep rooted in family values with an entrepreneurial culture where ideas are welcomed, growth is fostered and high performance is championed. A recognized thought leader and founded in 1914, Canada Cartage dominates the industry by delivering innovative fleet solutions. We are currently looking to add an Operations Manager who is equally passionate about serving the community and achieving operational success alongside our dedicated and loyal employees. This role will be based in the Mississauga Terminal and interested candidates are encouraged to apply below.
Reporting to the Terminal Manager, the Operations Manager is responsible for working with the day-to-day activities of the Operations Team (Dispatch & Drivers) to effectively implement transportation services to specialize tanker customers and to ensure that all activities are accurately recorded in the company’s transportation management system.
- Assisting in interviewing, training, developing staff skill sets and coaching for all Support Staff and Drivers within their area of responsibility.
- Ensuring Dispatchers and Drivers have the necessary tools to perform their job functions.
- Scheduling and communicating with staff, including Drivers and equipment resources.
Ensuring 24-hour shift coverage.
- Assisting Dispatchers or front line supervisors in troubleshooting and resolving day-to-day issues and activities.
- Conducting regular formal employee reviews and informal feedback discussions for all staff within their area of responsibility.
- Monitoring service levels to ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Administering disciplinary action as required.
- Acting as primary operations point person for any billing/payroll issues for accounts within their area of responsibility.
- Supporting and enforcing the Company’s Health and Safety and Compliance policies.
- Make recommendations to improve production methods, working conditions, and increase efficiency.
- Act as liaison between supervisors, staff and customers.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience required in a supervisory or management role in the transportation industry
- Must have a minimum of 2 year of experience managing tanker accounts; propane, gas, cryo and chlorine.
- Excellent leadership and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Direct experience with staff scheduling in a variable work volume environment
- MS Office proficiency necessary
- Experience in a 24 x 7 operation, preferably in the transportation industry
- Post secondary or equivalent experience an asset
- Trained in Hours of Service an asset
- Fast paced environment
- Interactive role required to be in office daily
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups, and women.