The individual in this position will play a key role in working with functional leaders in their assigned business unit(s) to identify, prioritize and develop opportunities for change that align with the corporate goals and direction. The individual will translate business requirements into system requirements and project specifications. They will also work with internal and external parties to develop small-medium sized projects, execute on the plans and ensure they are completed successfully.
- Maintain overall responsibility for the quality of the project’s deliverable.
- Use process mapping skills to clearly document current and target business processes.
- Uses analytical skills and knowledge of systems and processes to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, identify gaps, suggest improvements and arrive at value driven solutions.
- Perform root cause analysis through interviews at various levels of the organization to discover gaps and ensure solutions are comprehensive.
- Use Business Analysis skills to support the elicitation and documentation of requirements for system and process changes.
- Conduct requirements analysis, system analysis and impact analysis on gathered requirements to generate system requirements and ultimately system design.
- Display the ability to use Business Analysis techniques and templates and showcase maturity in scaling the rigor governing quality up/down as suitable to the magnitude of the project.
- Become thorough subject matter experts in the business domain they are operating in and the systems/solutions they are supporting.
- Lead testing activities by preparing test plans and test cases, managing or executing the tests, capturing results and ensuring defects are triaged and resolved.
- Prepare training documentation/SOPs and train both users and other trainers on system use.
- Define project scope, goals, deliverables and work breakdown structure of IT projects with management and stakeholders.
- Proactively develop, direct and monitor the progress on a project by managing the plan, tasks and resources.
- Manage changes to scope associated with the project in a timely and suitable manner. Group changes into releases and manage expectations of stakeholders.
- Build strong business relationships with key business team members to ensure project success
- Possess a general understanding of the revenue and expenses mechanisms associated with running a business.
- Use Business Intelligence skills to mentor and enable Departmental Super Users to self-serve
using BI tools.