Reporting to the Talent Acquisition Manager for Western Canada you will act as a strategic partner to the business by managing the full cycle recruitment process for Drivers, Mechanics, Warehouse, Administrative, and Dispatch positions. This is a fast-paced role with the opportunity to create a positive brand experience.
Location: 4700 102 Avenue SE, Calgary, AB
Schedule: Generally Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Must be able to work Overtime and some Evenings & Weekends as required
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Full life cycle of recruiting from internal/external posting to hiring
- Working with Hiring Managers to develop requisitions and fully understand hiring needs
- Pro-actively developing a network of potential candidates and sources
- Sourcing and interviewing candidates; reviewing resumes, credentials, verifying backgrounds
- Ensuring qualified candidates complete the recruitment process, including coordinating road tests and orientations
- Preparing and presenting offer and new hire packages
- May also include participating in Orientations and post-hire follow-ups
- Developing marketing materials used for driver recruiting
- In addition to company drivers, may include the hiring of owner-operators, mechanics, swampers and office staff as required
- Promoting the position/industry and company to others (e.g. high schools, trade schools, immigration officials, career fairs, trade shows, etc.)
- Representation at career fairs, community events, trade shows, etc. for recruitment opportunities
- Developing a good understanding of, and relationship with, reputable driving schools
- Working with other teams within Canada Cartage to develop programs to attract and train qualified drivers
- Metrics: Measuring the success of recruiting initiatives
- Provide weekly updates to hiring managers on the status of open requisitions
- Accountable for measuring results and meeting objectives including time-to-fill, quality candidates (road test success rate, quality of hire metric, turnover metrics)
- Providing reports and updates to others as required
- Providing assistance within the HR team as necessary
- Other duties, relevant to the position, shall be assigned as required
Experience & Required skills:
- Completion of post-secondary education in Human Resources or similar discipline, or a relevant combination of work experience and education
- Minimum of 1 year of Recruitment Experience
- Knowledge of transportation industry trends
- Must have a strong sense of urgency and accountability
- Strong and Professional Verbal and Written communication skills
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience using an Applicant Tracking System
- Must be able to work well within a team, while at the same time be responsible for own results and able to be self-sufficient
- Must be organized and professional
- Able to travel locally and work some evenings and weekends as required
Why work for Canada Cartage?
- Bonus Incentive Plan for achieving Quarterly hiring targets
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits, RRSP and Company-Matching Pension Plans
- Discounted hotels, car rentals, entertainment, gym memberships, phone plans, electronics, home services, cars, etc.
- Work with a company named “Canada’s Best Employer 2018” in Transportation & Logistics by Forbes
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women.