310S - Material Handling Mechanic
Position: 310S - Material Handling Mechanic
Status: Full Time
Location: Mississauga, ON
Rate of Pay: $32/hour + Shift Premium
Shifts: Days & Afternoon Shifts (Monday to Friday)
Responsible for providing quality workmanship, consistent service, and technical knowledge to the customers. Performs all tasks related to the testing, diagnosing, repair, maintenance, and reconditioning of heavy equipment (Moffett, Palfinger, Hiab and BIK cranes) and small engine components in the shop.
- Inspect and diagnose components and equipment for servicing needs.
- Communicate with shift manager for authorization of servicing and repairs as required.
- Service and repair equipment in the shop and on-site for the customer.
- Recondition and remanufacture components as required for equipment, engine and hydraulic repairs.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with customers.
- Communicate equipment servicing needs as required with shift manager.
- Communicate work performed and complete service paperwork.
- Fill out warranty information
- Complete work orders ensure labor and parts have been assigned.
- Participate in manufacturers’ and in house service training. Training may occur during work and/or after work hours.
- Participate in all required Health & Safety Training.
- Comply with the Health & Safety program and practices.
- Performance of daily duties in a manner conducive to a safe workplace.
- Work with Manufacturers online support.
- Conduct housekeeping duties
- Maintain a professional company image at all times.
- 310S Trade certification, Journeyman Red Seal
- Work Experience: 2-3 years – Material Handling Equipment – required
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work with customers, exceptional customer service; demonstrated mechanical aptitude, analysis and problem solving skills
- Working and training experience on equipment such as: Palfinger, Hiab, BIK and Steelmastre cranes, Moffett and Palfinger construction forklifts.
- Must be prepared to work overtime as required
- Exposed to exhaust, grease and shop noise
- Must have own tools
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women