Stalco, a division of Canada Cartage, Canadian owned and operated warehousing and logistics business, is hiring for an exciting HR Generalist position that will be an integral partner in promoting our belief of positive employee relations within our collaborative and dynamic workforce.
The HR Generalist will serve as the first point of contact for supporting and resolving employee relations issues, resolving HRIS issues, implementing HR programs, policies and procedures, training & development, providing support for reporting and metrics as well as assisting in the integrations of our HRIS system.
This HR Generalist role is well positioned for someone who thrives on consistent learning, utilizing problem solving abilities and someone who enjoys finding efficiencies. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, confident, exercises good judgment and decision making abilities and takes initiative to provide excellent service to our stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- First point of HR contact for employee inquiries regarding policies and procedures that ensures appropriate follow-up and responsiveness to employee.
- Manages the JHSC to ensure Stalco remains compliant with all relevant legislation.
- Provides support for MOL inspections as needed.
- Coaches and advises Managers and Supervisors on employee relations issues using knowledge of policies, procedures and legislative requirement to support appropriate recommendations.
- Builds effective relationships with internal clients to understand their business goals to proactively identify and implement solutions.
- Participates in integration and maintenance of HRIS and payroll system.
- Updates and maintains employee communication boards and websites for HR items.
- Manages various HR projects related to the HR strategy as assigned.
- Performs full cycle recruitment, including the creation and/or review of job profiles, creating and posting job ads on various job boards, completing phone and in-person interviews, updating managers on the status of the recruitment cycle as well as completing all employee on-boarding.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the services performed.
- Facilitates Human Resources training programs including, but not limited to, Progressive Discipline, Coaching for Performance, Supervisory Leadership, etc.
- Leads workplace investigations as required.
- Conducts regular reviews and audits of all HR documentation and processes.
- Develops pay scales and ensures legislative compliance.
- Reports on HR metrics.
- Maintains personnel files.
- Performs other duties as require.
- Bachelor’s Degree/Certificate in Human Resources, Industrial Relations or a related discipline.
- 3-5 years of progressive HR experience, preferably within a Distribution, Transportation or Logistics company.
- CHRP (Certified Human Resources Profession) designation an asset.
- Must be able to enter the facility wearing safety footwear.
- Knowledge of (as well as keeping updated on) employment legislation for both provincial and federal jurisdictions, ESA, Occupational Health & Safety Act, Ontario Human Rights Code, Canada Labor Code (CLC), Human Rights, Accommodation, etc.
- HRIS and Payroll system integration experience an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite applications.
- Experience managing Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve by gathering and analyzing information critically with the ability to summarise information in an accessible manner.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work activities while using time efficiently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Ability to perform thorough and quality work on a consistent basis.
- Must work well in a fast–paced environment with the ability to manage various tasks simultaneously and work with changing priorities..
- Dependability is required.
- Travel may be required.
Stalco welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We will provide accommodations upon request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment / selection process.
Stalco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other Ontario Human Right protected grounds. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, or other accommodations, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.