Credit & Collections Manager
Position: Credit & Collections Manager
Status: Full time
Location: Mississauga, ON
Reporting to the National Director – Credit & Collections, this role provides support to the Credit and Accounts Receivable functions for all Canada Cartage related companies.
- Responsible for supporting the integrity and ongoing improvement of the Accounts Receivable to ensure cash flow meets Company working capital requirements, along with department goals and objectives.
- Protect the investment of the Accounts Receivable by periodic credit review of existing Customers, and the assessment of the credit worthiness of potential and new Customers, with the goal of optimizing Company sales and bad debt loses.
- Manage staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs and provide ongoing coaching and training as needed
- Prepare weekly & monthly reports as assigned
- Provide collection support where needed
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationship with internal and external client base, providing professional handling of all inquiries
- Work with internal departments such as Sales, Billing and Operations to resolve issues
- Escalate unresolved issues to National Director of Credit within a timely manner
- Work with National Director of Credit to develop and implement process improvements
- Other related duties as assigned
Core Competencies and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5–7 years supervisory / management experience
- Sound credit analysis skills required
- CCP designation is an asset
- Strong reporting skills, with mandatory intermediate Excel skills
- Superior communication (oral & written), interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving and Customer Service skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to analyze data and identify/report trends
- Proficiency with GP Dynamics and MS Office applications preferred
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women